Lt. Commander
Since Cryptic has decided to give the Klinks their BOP that can fire torps while cloaked, cryptic should balance this out with a Fed Torpedo that can lock on and find a cloaked BOP as shown in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

This is absolutely canon and can not be denied.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-12-2010, 11:29 AM
....sensor scan....?
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isrob
....sensor scan....?
Nope not good enough. Since it is canon I want a Torp that can home in on a cloaked klink.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
Since Cryptic has decided to give the Klinks their BOP that can fire torps while cloaked, cryptic should balance this out with a Fed Torpedo that can lock on and find a cloaked BOP as shown in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

You know what else is canon?

The Klingons having superior firepower. Afterall, they don't muddle up their ships with unneccessary frills and scientific mumbo jumbo. they fly battleships, designed for war.

So, Klingons having a BOP that can fire under cloak, doesn't bother me. It's keeping in canon for the Klingon Empire.

Also, why in the heck does everyone feel that everyone has to have exactly the same thing? Where is the fun in that? We aren't Borg drones afterall. Variety is the spice of life.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
You know what else is canon?

The Klingons having superior firepower. Afterall, they don't muddle up their ships with unneccessary frills and scientific mumbo jumbo. they fly battleships, designed for war.

So, Klingons having a BOP that can fire under cloak, doesn't bother me. It's keeping in canon for the Klingon Empire.

Also, why in the heck does everyone feel that everyone has to have exactly the same thing? Where is the fun in that? We aren't Borg drones afterall. Variety is the spice of life.
Please point out where I am asking for the same thing in this thread. I am asking for a canon based counter. Nothing more.

And you know...the time line is further in the future in a time of great war, you honestly do not believe the federation would not up the ante to counter the klink war machine?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:

Not needed as the B'rel (chang BoP retrofit) is exposed & shieldless everytime it fires a torpedo or mine for 3 seconds , everytime it heals itself, heals another vessel or is healed by another vessel the same exposed shieldless for 3 seconds happens. SO it seems the fed fears of it being OP have been shown to be an overstatement.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Not needed as the B'rel (chang BoP retrofit) is exposed & shieldless everytime it fires a torpedo or mine for 3 seconds , everytime it heals itself, heals another vessel or is healed by another vessel the same exposed shieldless for 3 seconds happens. SO it seems the fed fears of it being OP have been shown to be an overstatement.
I am not saying it is OP. I am saying since they implemented a canon aspect to the BOP the Canon counter is the Torp that can hit a cloaked vessel. A free fire torp just like in Undiscovered Country. All cloak ships would be at risk.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-12-2010, 12:37 PM
You can have the torpedo as it was in TUC. But it won't home in on anything anymore, as Rick Sternbach has said, the impulse drive systems on starships has changed to more of a sub-light warp drive from the 24th century onward. No external exhaust gases to lock onto you see.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
You can have the torpedo as it was in TUC. But it won't home in on anything anymore, as Rick Sternbach has said, the impulse drive systems on starships has changed to more of a sub-light warp drive from the 24th century onward. No external exhaust gases to lock onto you see.
So 30 plus years of research and development would not get around this? Hmmm... Yeah right.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
So 30 plus years of research and development would not get around this? Hmmm... Yeah right.
And 30 plus years of new cloaking research and development would not get around this? Hmmm... Yeah right.

See? Two can play this game.