Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11 /agree sevenstarr
11-12-2010, 12:45 PM
the torp is the perfect counter, and i'm a defiant refit cap.
the torp was made in TOS era, it should have evolved with drive and cloaking tech.

the problem is that i think klingons get off on the fact that they can build pretty much anything the feds can, but have all these nifty special stuff for themselves.

time for the feds to get some unique tech. afterall, klingons may be more warlike, but we all know feds are a better tech/research/science faction, time for them to show it.

Cavemen are probably more warlike, but an average citizen now can pick up a gun from walmart, because this era human is better at tech
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
11-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myr-Nemesis
the torp is the perfect counter, and i'm a defiant refit cap.
the torp was made in TOS era, it should have evolved with drive and cloaking tech.

the problem is that i think klingons get off on the fact that they can build pretty much anything the feds can, but have all these nifty special stuff for themselves.

time for the feds to get some unique tech. afterall, klingons may be more warlike, but we all know feds are a better tech/research/science faction, time for them to show it.

Cavemen are probably more warlike, but an average citizen now can pick up a gun from walmart, because this era human is better at tech
So saucer separation for the Galaxy, ablative armor generators for the Intrepid and the tachyon detection grid for the Nebula isn't unique tech to the Federation?

Fine have your torpedo but I want the following on my ship:

Fifty two pulse disruptor cannons; twenty seven photon torpedo launchers; One Thalaron radiation generator. Along with primary and secondary shields; advanced cloaking device, that can allow me to have my shields operational and fire all weapons while cloaked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13 um
11-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
So saucer separation for the Galaxy and ablative armor generators for the Intrepid isn't unique tech to the Federation?

Fine have your torpedo but I want the following on my ship:

Fifty two pulse disruptor cannons; twenty seven photon torpedo launchers; One Thalaron radiation generator. Along with primary and secondary shields; advanced cloaking device, that can allow me to have my shields operational and fire all weapons while cloaked.
you forgot the "iwin lulz" button.
you are just showing how bent out of shape people get at the thought of a sensible tech based counter.

well done?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
11-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myr-Nemesis
you forgot the "iwin lulz" button.
you are just showing how bent out of shape people get at the thought of a sensible tech based counter.

well done?
No I'm just highlighting how ludicrous these requests will get if a line isn't drawn underneath them. The OP wanting something just because it's canon isn't a good enough excuse.

The Klingons got these ship based abilities in direct relation the the Federation getting the tech I mentioned previously, that's your countermeasure right there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
11-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Tbh, They had something to lock on to, You see, other than Tetryon emissions (Can't remember but whatever)
There isn't anything to lock on too. If you wish to include after X Years of whatever research then how can anything be Canon. (It isn't its just speculation)

Imo The Klingon BoP refit/w/e special ability. Is pretty much Perfect for the Klingon empire.

Sidenote; Im not taking any sides in this Because I could careless but I might end up using a BoP in the future.

Also another note; I think tetryon emissions were romulan rather than klingon.

And another note; Cloaked D7-class battle cruisers could be detected using a metaphasic sweep. (Which is essentially Sensor Scan.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
And 30 plus years of new cloaking research and development would not get around this? Hmmm... Yeah right.

See? Two can play this game.
Yes they can and that is what war is all about. Do you honestly think our current stealth aircraft are 100 percent not seen by the enemy? Again...war is about development and counters to new things. Only an idiot government would sit by and passively watch his enemy surpass his country in tech.

So go ahead. Play that game with me because I am well prepared.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17 Neblua Class
11-12-2010, 01:13 PM
This ship was bult for no other reason then to detect cloaked ships. If you do not have one in you group you just a faliure as a team leader in PVP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
Yes they can and that is what war is all about. Do you honestly think our current stealth aircraft are 100 percent not seen by the enemy? Again...war is about development and counters to new things. Only an idiot government would sit by and passively watch his enemy surpass his country in tech.

So go ahead. Play that game with me because I am well prepared.
The BoP got that ability in direct relation to the Nebula-class getting the Tachyon Detection Grid ability. That is the countermeasure. Game, end of.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
The BoP got that ability in direct relation to the Nebula-class getting the Tachyon Detection Grid ability. That is the countermeasure. Game, end of.

the grid is limited and the torp is canon so it belongs in the game. It would ENHANCE the immersion quality of the game. Besides...I want to be able to fire a torp that can track a cloaked ship. It is after all Canon.

So no...game not over. Nice try though.

(For those who are clueless I am being sarcastic about the immersion) Just saying.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
11-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
I am not saying it is OP. I am saying since they implemented a canon aspect to the BOP the Canon counter is the Torp that can hit a cloaked vessel. A free fire torp just like in Undiscovered Country. All cloak ships would be at risk.
Not argueing that such a torpedo would be and is canon. I was trying to quell the rising belief that a cloaked BoP able to fire while remaining cloaked is not nearly the OP ship that some would think and for the record, using certain abilities in it can expose you shieldess from cloak for up to 15 seconds. Most KDF are finding it to be a deathtrap more than anything else.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 PM.