Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
11-12-2010, 01:43 PM
At least it's not tier 5. Now if only we could get rid of the Tier 5 Excelsior...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
11-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
At least it's not tier 5. Now if only we could get rid of the Tier 5 Excelsior...
The excelsior doesn't really bother me. The Lakota refit nearly held its own against the defiant (the defiant being the hero of the story so it had to win). If I can accept a T5 defiant I can accept a T5 excelsior; though I'm not fond of the excelsior's Lt. Cmdr tactical spot. It makes it too much better then the sovereign, IMO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
11-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Here are a few details about it:

Like the constitution gets an extra engineering console slot, this ship gets an extra tactical console slot.

It has a special innate "grappling hook" power that behaves similarly to tractor beam, but has a cool new effect.

Since we consider this ship to be our tier 0 escort for feds, it also gets to equip cannons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
11-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Cannons? Very cool. It should be a lot of fun to fly. Can't wait to see the grappler too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
11-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
At least it's not tier 5. Now if only we could get rid of the Tier 5 Excelsior...
I can accept it because there is an example in canon of an Excelsior class ship holding its own with a Defiant class ship. In the episode the Defiant was going to win (partly due to it being the "good guys'" ship, partly because of the Klingon commander) but it was close to a draw. But I think making the NX an optional starter ship is something I can live with.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Here are a few details about it:

Like the constitution gets an extra engineering slot, this ship gets an extra tactical slot.

It has a special innate "grappling hook" power that behaves similarly to tractor beam, but has a cool new effect.

Since we consider this ship to be our tier 0 escort for feds, it also gets to equip cannons.
Now I have a reason to start an Escort captain...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Now I have a reason to start an Escort captain...
I updated the post so I wouldnt cause confusion. That's an extra tactical console slot, not officer slot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
11-12-2010, 01:54 PM
the grappler,... cool guys!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The excelsior doesn't really bother me. The Lakota refit nearly held its own against the defiant (the defiant being the hero of the story so it had to win). If I can accept a T5 defiant I can accept a T5 excelsior; though I'm not fond of the excelsior's Lt. Cmdr tactical spot. It makes it too much better then the sovereign, IMO.
I've analyzed that battle to death. The fact is the Lakota had it easy. The Defiant didn't take any action besides going in a straight line for about a minute. No evasive actions. No weapons. Nothing. They literally let themselves be rammed over and over by the Lakota's phaser beams.

About a minute into the battle they started the battle. Lakota got a free punch, then about 10 more free punches. Neither ship used their quantum torpedoes and by the end it was quoted in canon as the Lakota being in much worse shape, an attack away from being destroyed and they had a ton more casualties. They would have lost STILL after all those free hits.



Tier 5? What a joke.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
I updated the post so I wouldnt cause confusion. That's an extra tactical console slot, not officer slot.
I knew what you meant. I have a cruiser captain and right now I have a science captain. So now I have a reason to create an escort captain.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
11-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Very very nice... might start another fed just to fly it. Wish there was something cool like this for the KDF.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.