Lt. Commander
# 21
11-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I've analyzed that battle to death. The fact is the Lakota had it easy. The Defiant didn't take any action besides going in a straight line for about a minute. No evasive actions. No weapons. Nothing. They literally let themselves be rammed over and over by the Lakota's phaser beams.

About a minute into the battle they started the battle. Lakota got a free punch, then about 10 more free punches. Neither ship used their quantum torpedoes and by the end it was quoted in canon as the Lakota being in much worse shape, an attack away from being destroyed and they had a ton more casualties. They would have lost STILL after all those free hits.
All that means nothing. If the show had been about the Lakota rather then the Defiant the Lakota would have won the same way. In a battle where we only see around 10 seconds of actual combat and the rest is all bridge talking it's pretty hard to say how anything goes.

Anyway, this thread's not about the excelsior; and I'm certainly not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine so why waste the energy?
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I've analyzed that battle to death. The fact is the Lakota had it easy. The Defiant didn't take any action besides going in a straight line for about a minute. No evasive actions. No weapons. Nothing. They literally let themselves be rammed over and over by the Lakota's phaser beams.

About a minute into the battle they started the battle. Lakota got a free punch, then about 10 more free punches. Neither ship used their quantum torpedoes and by the end it was quoted in canon as the Lakota being in much worse shape, an attack away from being destroyed and they had a ton more casualties. They would have lost STILL after all those free hits.

Tier 5? What a joke.
You forget the "Character Shield." It protects the main characters of the show from actual harm. It also protects the ship they are in. If the DS9 crew were in the Lakota, the script would have been the opposite.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Very very nice... might start another fed just to fly it. Wish there was something cool like this for the KDF.
Considering the KDF are basically Lt 6 before they ever get to their ship it doesn't seem overly beneficail to waste time on a new starter ship for Klinks when they'll be upgrading to the next tier after a couple of hours of play.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
All that means nothing. If the show had been about the Lakota rather then the Defiant the Lakota would have won the same way. In a battle where we only see around 10 seconds of actual combat and the rest is all bridge talking it's pretty hard to say how anything goes.

Anyway, this thread's not about the excelsior; and I'm certainly not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine so why waste the energy?
Tag, your turn...
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Tag, your turn...
LOL! Yeah, we do seem to be bouncing back and forth saying the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post

No, really it's not hard to know what went on. The Defiant literally made no actions for at least a minute (possibly more due to how TV works). They continued on their set course. My documentation is accurate.

Plus if the thing was about the Lakota is irrelevant. You take into consideration what you know and see. You don't take "what if"s as anything at all.

I'm not going to change my mind because I base this all on facts and logic. You won't change yours because you base yours purely on stubbornness and CandyLand (that's right, the board game).

Lt. Commander
# 27
A Tier 0 ship? That's awesome! We needed another starter ship. I was getting tired of the Miranda and TOS Connie. That's really smart Cryptic. I'll definitely be getting one.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-12-2010, 02:03 PM
hmm screenshots please... make us go owwww cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
hmm screenshots please... make us go owwww cryptic.
For those who haven't already seen the NX; though I know you have.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Good call Cryptic on making it Tier o