Lt. Commander
# 31
11-17-2010, 09:13 PM
that reminds me..there is Cat food in the replicatirs who the hades has a hard day at work and orders feline supplement as their grub.

I guess the cat folks would........So invigorating to see a proactive take on things...thjey made the cat food so that later when they had cats in game they would have food.

It irks me to wonder why a borg had some feline supplement in his possesion though.....
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-17-2010, 11:33 PM
borg dont eat food for taste, they just need protien intake to keep their organic parts alive.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conrad
I have enough of a problem fighting Klingons as a Fed and I really don't want to kill Feds.
I just saw this and I had to laugh

Perhaps you should try it, itīs pretty funny.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-18-2010, 04:40 AM
fed carrier threads should result in the ban hammer of solitude smacking the OP for about a week.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-18-2010, 05:01 AM
Just playing devil's advocate for a moment here, throughout the Armarda games and in the massive fleet actions in DS9 the valkyre fighters are seen in action so we know the federation has them.

i quite agree that it is important to have differences in racial fleets, however the idea of fighter cover is fairly universal and i do not think the federation would be stupid enough to leave itself vulnerable to attack from swarms of smaller craft.

Hence some form of light carrier could be a comprimise. Or maybe an option for larger Starfleet cruisers to launce some form of interceptor purely to destroy incoming fighters. The point defence system should also be considered i feel.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-18-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McVenner
Just playing devil's advocate for a moment here, throughout the Armarda games and in the massive fleet actions in DS9 the valkyre fighters are seen in action so we know the federation has them.

i quite agree that it is important to have differences in racial fleets, however the idea of fighter cover is fairly universal and i do not think the federation would be stupid enough to leave itself vulnerable to attack from swarms of smaller craft.

Hence some form of light carrier could be a comprimise. Or maybe an option for larger Starfleet cruisers to launce some form of interceptor purely to destroy incoming fighters. The point defence system should also be considered i feel.
The Armada Games are non-canon and the Vakyrie did not appear in them either.
The Valkyrie fighters are from Star Trek Invasion.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek%3A_Invasion

I believe what you mean is the Peregrine, which is known to be Warp-capable.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Peregrine

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Federation_attack_fighter

There is also a little something else to consider:
IF the Federation had carriers that brought the fighters to the front lines, those fighters would have been carried by those ships when the fleets departed from a Starbase/staging area.
They were not:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...arbase_375.jpg

Look in the lower left corner below the Excelsior.
Also look at the Episode where this occured: "Favor the Bold".
The fighters were already deployed when the fleet departed.
Does thise mean the carriers launched them for the occasion of the launch of the fleet, then recovered them for the actual travelling to the target are to then deploy them there again?
This doesn't make any sense.

I am not entirely against the Federation getting a carrier (even though recent carrier threads by a certain someone keep pushing me further away from it), even though I guess it will be something more similar to the Kar'fi than the Vo'quv.
Personally I'd like a Galaxy variant with a bunch of fighters.
But I must respectfully point out the reasoning in your post is somewhat flawed.
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-18-2010, 06:00 AM
I want Ice cream
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-18-2010, 06:04 AM
no carriers for feds
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Oh, god. Not another "give the Feds a carrier" thread.

It has been specifically told by the devs that the UFP is NOT getting carriers, nor should they. There needs to be something to differentiate factions, and carriers might as well be the defining characteristic.

In short, if you want to fly a carrier, go roll up a Klingon.

EDIT: Oh, crap. I just realized that I was reading a thread in the wrong section. Edited to reflect this.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Don't understand why both sides haven't just got different looking but similar vessel types. IMO it would make the game more about tactics and skill than weight of numbers or particular classes of vessel, and would require less continuous balancing for pvp purposes, would make things a bit easier on Devs too.

Would also stop all the whining and *****ing about carriers and canon etc.