Lt. Commander
# 71
11-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
Hey, i have another argument against fed carriers. One that is born from STO's itself.

WE CAN
CREATE
SMALL FLEETS
OF FREAKING
PHASER PHIRING
TORPEDOSHOOTING
HOLOSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Why the HECK would ANYONE capable of doing that work to create a vessel that essentially has a similar focus but INFERIOR METHOD!!!!!
If ANYTHING, isay give feds a HOLOFLEET ship.
"Send in all your klingon mook pilots if you want, klingons WE SHALL COUNTER WITH FLEETS OF STARCRUISERs PULLED OUT OF OUR TECHNOBABBLING BEHINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

See the point?
We have the tech to deploy holo ships in limited numbers of captains specialized on doing the rear-pull modus operandi (sci *cough*).
SO LETS FURTHER PURSUE THAT TECH!
Holo shipos have rights too, you know. THE RIGHT TO KICK KLINGON ASS!

Seriously: holo fleet is superior to a fighter fleet. Summon a few fighters or a ****** Battleship?
Battleship it is....

Its amazing how this very powerful field of tech is dominated BY THE CARDASSIANS! They even deploy holo ground troops!

Screw Federation carriers, those are ideas from yesteryesteryesteryesteryestermillenium!

go with the times, pals, go with the times...
again the point stands why not give us a Federation battleship that is equel or better to a Klingon carrier...
Lt. Commander
# 72
11-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager235 View Post
again the point stands why not give us a Federation battleship that is equel or better to a Klingon carrier...
The point is not if we should get a heavy duty warship or not.

The point is that the ideas of carriers in star trek and sto are idiotic and have been utterly undermined by the mediums themselves.

In DS9, the premier fighter user, we saw them get slaughtered without doing anything worthwhile.

In STO, the game that deploys them again for greater use, has also introduced a technology that makes the idea of a fighter carrier asinine.

Thats my gripe.

And the fact that people adamantly want to extend this BS by giving carriers to all factions.
Lt. Commander
# 73
11-21-2010, 05:27 PM
cant we just shove some fighters in our shuttle bays and tell the pilots to master Tetris ?
Lt. Commander
# 74
11-21-2010, 05:28 PM
FED CARRIERS NOW.

NO MORE BS. NO MORE WHINING.

THE FACTIONS ARE UNEVEN. FIX IT.
Lt. Commander
# 75
11-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutty View Post
FED CARRIERS NOW.

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO
Lt. Commander
# 76
11-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutty View Post
FED CARRIERS NOW.

he just came out of another cap and hold beat down vs the klinkers.
Lt. Commander
# 77
11-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
NO
Why? WTF?!

Reasons that Feds should get a carrier...

1) Its a massive imbalance in the game. The Vo'quv gets more hull, shields, and crew than any other ships, and has an imbalanced BO layout compared to other classes. YES i know it cant turn, but the sheer strength of the ship more than makes up for that.

2) Pets mount up to huge numbers quickly and give an enormous advantage to whoever can stay in one spot the longest. There is no answer to this on the Fed side, as you cant kill pets faster than they are spawned. The only way would be to fight pets with pets.

3) I want to spam Klinks with fighters so they can see what it FRICKIN' WELL FEELS LIKE.

There is absolutely no reason why the Federation should not get a carrier. The game is unbalanced. END OF.
Lt. Commander
# 78
11-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
he just came out of another cap and hold beat down vs the klinkers.
It annoys me that the element of skill has been completely removed from PvP. Its just who can spam the most fighters.
Lt. Commander
# 79
11-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Mainly a klink here , things need to be more balanced so feds want a carrier then why not.
I play mostly klink but thought id test out all the balance flames , and feds do have a point to a degree so i change my mind let them have a carrier.
Cryptic would make a fortune too lol.
Lt. Commander
# 80
11-21-2010, 06:20 PM