Lt. Commander
The Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit: Nebula Class is available in the C-Store.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3 shame on you devs
10-15-2010, 12:53 PM
there are alot of attributes wrong with this ship and i think the artist who worked on this ship should have either paid alot more attention to us players who tested this ship with massive feed back or kept an open dialog with the people who work very hard on tribble to test the ship out.

also there are no impulse engines on the nebula so no red trails. that they got right lol

furthermore it looks like they did not listen to our feed back as we noticed not only the above erros but also the STo team is playing some attributes of this ship as if they are special.

the subsystem targeting is an automatic for all science captains flying a science ship.

since this is a retrofit dont you think it should have 4 science consol slots instead of three

since this is a science ship shouldnt this ship have a more capable science slots.

im just saying if you gents would have been a bit more open in communication certain problems would have been delt with. just saying
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Hmm yeah, this refit has some problems tbh, I'm still considering to buy it, but from what I've been hearing in general, there were a lot of things that didn't make sense w/ the Nebula.

Still an awsome ship though ( haha I needed to add some sort of positive feedback ).
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
there are alot of attributes wrong with this ship ... im just saying if you gents would have been a bit more open in communication certain problems would have been delt with. just saying
Cryptic does a lot of good listening to customers, but they also tend to, in this man's opinion, drop the ball on many things. They tend to put things on Tribble, lets us test/use it, then only listens to some of the feedback, and often doesn't bother fixing all bugs before forcing a build/item to Holodeck. It's just their way. It's stupid and lousy and I can't really think of a good excuse, but there it is.

I mean, why bother to put it on tribble for us to test, if they aren't going to get a PERFECT item before rolling it out. And Project Nebula, in addition to the assorted visual "bugs" sure seems to be one of the most debated ships I've seen. And regardless of what most of the people posting on Tribble said, Cryptic went ahead with what they wanted.

I have a question. In game, the Nebula is only 200 Marks of Exploration/Emblems, the other Retrofits are 500 Emblems. Yet, both ships cost 1200 CP. I'd think the Neb would have been cheaper (800-1000 CP) and/or how about you lower the in-game price on those other Retros? 500E has always been too steep. Making them 200E would be fair.

Remember, ya'll want to make these ship prices reasonable/attractive, so you can overcharge us on buying more ship slots on each character.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-15-2010, 02:00 PM
At least they are not visible (Read the technical manual or look on Drex Files)
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
Then why are they an installed ship component? Why when I remove the impulse engine my ship movement drops to zero? Really, it IS a component that must be upgraded to increase ship performance - so it should show red impulse engine trails as it flys.
it's canon, no obvious Impulse engine on the Nebula.

http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2009/06/23/nebula-class/

Quote:
Rick Sternbach
June 23, 2009 at 1:36 pm

...One of the rationalizations I imagined ages ago for having no obvious impulse grilles involved capturing and compressing the impulse fusion reaction exhaust and later releasing it from special non-propulsive ports. If the Nebula class was employed in a stealthy surveillance mode, it would be smart to minimize all overboard emissions. Since most all “modern” impulse engines involve little or no pure rocket thrust, but more of a sub-warp drive, one could say that the familiar orange Starfleet glowy exhausts could be modified or eliminated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
Ya, the 'Old' documentation. This is 'The New Universe' - TNU, and everything else has changed. Doing things the 'Trek' way has been re-written. My 2 cents says that this one thing should be different as well. The ship SHOULD have impulse drive trails.
uuuhm no, we are very much in the Prime Universe, this is the universe where Nero and Spock dissapeared from. We have Vulcan and no more Romulus. Not the other way arround.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-15-2010, 03:41 PM