Lt. Commander
# 11
11-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Daily bump
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
This is a great thread! I am also an Engineer and what you said agrees with my experience.

Before they added debuff removal to devices, Enemy Neut. was a great kit. Now, not so much. Sure, it's annoying, but a deployable kit not only annoys, but damages, and can make it harder for people without target key binds to target you. I will say that at times, as a Fed, I am faced with overwhelming odds, and a deployable kit doesn't seem to be working very well. When that happens, I switch to enemy neut, just to (hopefully) annoy/exasperate the enemy.

I also can't stress the importance of having the shield recharge bound to a very easily pressable button. My healing score is often much higher than my teammates', and I think it's because I press that key reflexively. After a PvP match, I'll run around space dock, and just start pressing it instinctively.

There wasn't too much about shields, so I'll add my thoughts. It's really what you want from them: do you want effects, or do you want more shield? In my opinion, the [KB] shield has the most useful effect (which is also why Pulse Rifles are so popular in PvP). However, as an Eng, I tend to go with the [Cap] x3 shield, just so I can have more.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
It is that time again....BUMP
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
It is that time again....BUMP
Lol. TY.

But, pretty slow in here. Probably no need to do the daily.

Besides you get no emblems.

Would be nice to get a sticky (HELLO MODS)

Bug
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Given that there isn't a sticky for any ground threads, I would support that.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-15-2010, 04:40 PM
well seeing as how excited ground pvp makes me it might get sticky real soon.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
well seeing as how excited ground pvp makes me it might get sticky real soon.
My thoughts: Wait... you're not a dev, how could you... excited? Ohhhh.... EW.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
My thoughts: Wait... you're not a dev, how could you... excited? Ohhhh.... EW.
My thougths exactly...
Lt. Commander
I figured I would add on some topics I did not cover in my original posts.

I have learned a ton from sitting back and watching some of the growing number of videos being posted to Youtube by some of the ground pros. Thought I would get them as much traffic as I could by giving you all a short video guide with good links. Later on, I will have some tips and tricks related to the new weapons I thought I would pass along. Some notes on avoiding and escaping those frustrating spawn camping incidents will also be follow in the not too distant . I will keep adding whatever I think will be helpful from there.

Good gaming all...

Bug

Videos

There are several folks that posts match videos. Being culled from a large number of matches, they usually show the teams show the teams at their best. This is a big plus for training purposes. Some are pros eating “trainees” alive. Worth seeing if you are new to pvp. They will give you ideas on how to avoid being easy prey. The closer you get to this level of coordinated movement, teamwork and allocation of tasks between members, the deadlier you will be. I recommend watching them several times in full screen to get a real feel for all of the action taking place. Watch both teams and how they work. Turn up the sound to listen to the vent chat on targeting and movements. That may be the most informative part for me.

BranMakMornn

http://www.youtube.com/user/BranMakMorrn

If you are a Fed playing evening east coast time and want to know why the klings keep eating you alive, check these videos out! The vent chat is very informative. CHC is as well organized unit as you will see out there. They move in unison, target in unison, keep an eye on the map for stays to run down for easy kills, etc.

Meow

http://www.youtube.com/user/meowmeeowww

There a great collection of FS at work in these. There are a ton of them here to choose from. It has been a while since I went though them. But If I recall, there are a nice variety of skills on display. Good vent to follow.

DonGuapos

http://www.youtube.com/user/DonGuapos

Don (also FS) is one of my favorite frenemies out there on the killing fields. His videos are as good as his play. I check in on them often because he updates very regularly. Well worth it every time. Blow up his hits.

Treemonkey

http://www.youtube.com/user/treemonkey60

Had me LMAO! That’s for sure. Good for when the training gets to ya. Worth stopping just to catch the viral favorite “The Picard Song”.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the links, I'll check 'em out!