Lt. Commander
# 1 Urgent Intelligence Report
11-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Source: Federation
Target: Klingons
Department: Int Security

We believe our defences have been penetrated

A Foundry on Qo'Nos responsible for the production of the enhanced cloaking device used by the KDF's newest 6th Generation Bírel Bird-of-Prey Retrofit (aka Project Dakronh) has been infiltrated by foreign agents.

The pattern buffers of key replicators used by the Foundry during production were sabotaged which resulted in unauthorised modifications to a critical component of the Bírel Retrofit enhanced cloaking device.

The modifications cause the enhanced cloaking device to generate significant EM distortions upon activation of several ships systems. These are outside of the normal EM distortions that can be expected under battle conditions when cloaked and firing torpedos or deploying mines.

These distortions will reveal a ships cloak to standard sensors and make the ship extremely vulnerable to enemy fire.

Preliminary reports indicate that when certain systems are activated under cloak the cloak will appear to remain operative but essentially be useless. Shields will remain offline and a significant EM distortion will be generated rendering a ship detectable visually and by standard sensors.

The duration of vulnerability is known to last anywhere between 3 and 18 seconds depending on the system being used.

The following systems are confirmed affected

Engineering team (minor)
Science team (minor)
Emergency power to shields (minor)
Hazard Emitters (major)
Transfer shield strength (major)
Aux to Structural (minor)

Other systems may also be affected as well.

Unfortunately the sabotage to production was not detected until all the requisitions for the Br'el Retrofits had been met which means all of these ships are affected.

Several prominent members of the KDF have publically expressed outrage as to how this could happen especially after the prototype Br'el Retrofit underwent successful trials at a classified location known only as Tribble and showed no signs of any anomaly with the enhanced cloaking device.

Klingon Captain's in command of a Br'el retrofit are advised to cease using the affected system whilst cloaked and within engagement range of the enemy or risk being detected and destroyed.

It is unknown as this time whether the Empire will have the resouces to recover from such a blow.

We believe the Federation is to blame for this cowardly act!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-13-2010, 12:26 AM
That was done intentional.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Maybe so but why wasn't this mentioned by Cryptic then? its overnerfed imho

Ship went to tirbble and nothing was wrong with it.
It got nerfed when it went live and its still the same ship (pre nerf) on tribble even now

Crytic didn't mention the nerf anywhere. You log into tribble thinking your token or in some cases Cstore purchase is going to get you what you tested on tribble and it's not the case.

In my opinion that was deliberately misleading, advertising one thing on tribble and delivering another on live.

Furthermore ask yourself logically
Why would Klingons want a ship that drops cloak and exposes them with no shields soon as it casts any usefull heal abiltiy when cloaked?

Why would you do that when you can remain uncloaked cast the same abilty and get shot with shields on and still shoot back with everything you have as well.

As for the abilty to torp / mine and be detected even this is a gimmick everyone knows that these effects will do nothing against shields even if you couldn't be detected this would still suck.

How is that balanced. The current abilty to fire when cloaked is like giving the BOP the Intrepids ablative amor except not actually giving it any armor or shields but its all ok right because you can fire torps and mines ... and your still stealthy right i mean so long as you dont shoot anything or activate most of the BO abilities that you have which will expose you.

Wait what was so special about that again ...?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-13-2010, 01:30 AM
At the time of my response I wasn't aware how nasty the problem was. Having seen it in action now, they might want to tone down the detection just a tad...

Not too much however, or i fear that it will become waves of self reparing HE BOP's in all PvP matches (wich is why they added the nerf in the first place if memory serves).
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Yep as it stands now the B'rel Retrofit is worthless in comparison to the current T5 BoP. I don't want to see it better, what I want to see is that it is better at a specific role, otherwise we have another Kar'fi. Given the huge limitations on projectile damage, the enhanced cloak ability to fire torps and mines is pretty much a gimmick with no use. When you also see that the B'rel has less hull than the current T5 BoP and now can't heal while cloaked, this ship has no place on the battlefield that other ships cannot dominate better.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
At the time of my response I wasn't aware how nasty the problem was. Having seen it in action now, they might want to tone down the detection just a tad...

Not too much however, or i fear that it will become waves of self reparing HE BOP's in all PvP matches (wich is why they added the nerf in the first place if memory serves).

That is total BS and you all know it. You guys are worried about a BOP self healing? When you almost all fly super healing cruiser and sci ships? I think some of you guys need to roll a Klingon instead of SPECULATING about things that either have not happened or things that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadfire View Post
Source: Federation
Target: Klingons
Department: Int Security

We believe our defences have been penetrated

A Foundry on Qo'Nos responsible for the production of the enhanced cloaking device used by the KDF's newest 6th Generation Bírel Bird-of-Prey Retrofit (aka Project Dakronh) has been infiltrated by foreign agents.

The pattern buffers of key replicators used by the Foundry during production were sabotaged which resulted in unauthorised modifications to a critical component of the Bírel Retrofit enhanced cloaking device.

The modifications cause the enhanced cloaking device to generate significant EM distortions upon activation of several ships systems. These are outside of the normal EM distortions that can be expected under battle conditions when cloaked and firing torpedos or deploying mines.

These distortions will reveal a ships cloak to standard sensors and make the ship extremely vulnerable to enemy fire.

Preliminary reports indicate that when certain systems are activated under cloak the cloak will appear to remain operative but essentially be useless. Shields will remain offline and a significant EM distortion will be generated rendering a ship detectable visually and by standard sensors.

The duration of vulnerability is known to last anywhere between 3 and 18 seconds depending on the system being used.

The following systems are confirmed affected

Engineering team (minor)
Science team (minor)
Emergency power to shields (minor)
Hazard Emitters (major)
Transfer shield strength (major)
Aux to Structural (minor)

Other systems may also be affected as well.

Unfortunately the sabotage to production was not detected until all the requisitions for the Br'el Retrofits had been met which means all of these ships are affected.

Several prominent members of the KDF have publically expressed outrage as to how this could happen especially after the prototype Br'el Retrofit underwent successful trials at a classified location known only as Tribble and showed no signs of any anomaly with the enhanced cloaking device.

Klingon Captain's in command of a Br'el retrofit are advised to cease using the affected system whilst cloaked and within engagement range of the enemy or risk being detected and destroyed.

It is unknown as this time whether the Empire will have the resouces to recover from such a blow.

We believe the Federation is to blame for this cowardly act!

Q'apla!

This was a well-written report. I enjoyed the format and creativity.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks

BOTF fans would appreciate it

Lt. Commander
# 9
11-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Yep as it stands now the B'rel Retrofit is worthless in comparison to the current T5 BoP. I don't want to see it better, what I want to see is that it is better at a specific role, otherwise we have another Kar'fi. Given the huge limitations on projectile damage, the enhanced cloak ability to fire torps and mines is pretty much a gimmick with no use. When you also see that the B'rel has less hull than the current T5 BoP and now can't heal while cloaked, this ship has no place on the battlefield that other ships cannot dominate better.
What role though? It seems most like the idea of it being a cloaked healer/support vessel. General Chang is probably rolling over in his grave at the moment.

The BíRel does brings a new element to the game but torpedoes do so very little damage against shields even when youíre using buffs/debuff. Any Klingon ship can wait in cloak for that opportune time to fire off a Tricobalt/HY Torpedo Spread when a Federation Shipís shields are down. While the BíRel or that one opportune klingon ship waits for its moment to strike, its team is being fired upon by five federation vessels that are very capable of providing consistent damage, support, and spikes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
What role though? It seems most like the idea of it being a cloaked healer/support vessel. General Chang is probably rolling over in his grave at the moment.

The BíRel does brings a new element to the game but torpedoes do so very little damage against shields even when youíre using buffs/debuff. Any Klingon ship can wait in cloak for that opportune time to fire off a Tricobalt/HY Torpedo Spread when a Federation Shipís shields are down. While the BíRel or that one opportune klingon ship waits for its moment to strike, its team is being fired upon by five federation vessels that are very capable of providing consistent damage, support, and spikes.
Oh you're preaching to the choir here, hence why I call the torp/mine firing while cloaked nothing but a gimmick.