Lt. Commander
Well, I will say it.
I am going to create instance maps of places on earth to use generically in some of my adventures.
Star Fleet academy
Star Fleet HQ
various other locations....The Vulcan compound ....all kinds of places

I am surprised nobody mensioned it yet
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2010, 04:25 AM
That is an awesome idea that warrants a big thumbs up in yer direction......Your right, I got so intertwined in the current mission set up that i never paused to give it much thought.

How do you propose to create such a thing given that we'll probably only have the current generic back grounds and such?

Or do you plan to integrate the story thus giving definition to where you are in relation to the mission?

Or do you actually want to create Starfleet academy...which would also be fantastic?
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2010, 08:09 AM
well, I was going to create exterior maps for say Star Fleet Academy, and important interior buildings.
Complete with various NPCs. save it.
Then if I want the player to go there....already got it, cut and paste, fill in the blanks.

Then if I should use the area again, it will be consistant big tree over here...next time, still a big tree there.

Some good areas to create

Star Fleet academy...of course
Star Fleet HQ
maybe a nice pub in town
a downtown area
beach
warehouse area
labs
public transportation --- large transport pads dedicated to a particular location....local ones are free
longer distance..you need to go to a hub and use energy credits, unless you have a pass

but you get the idea

earth is ours to dictate
if you make an outstanding Star Fleet HQ, you can share it with other writers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-09-2010, 09:52 AM
i've been focusing on a Mirror series your be going to Mirror Qu'nos... to help the terrans conquer it (againts your will of course)
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-09-2010, 11:23 AM
It has been said. In fact, I was the one who did say it. (if you look on the starbaseugc site you can find my post on it.) But since I don't know how in-depth the Foundry tools are or how collaborative efforts would work, I'm letting it go temporarily until the Foundry hits open beta.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-09-2010, 06:44 PM
I am going to address the Terrans in a 3 part mission set, but that is down the road a bit

a hint....
looking around SB1...there are some...interesting uniforms walking around lately and
hasn't the Federation gotten a wee bit ....brutal.

Something to think about
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
I am going to address the Terrans in a 3 part mission set, but that is down the road a bit

a hint....
looking around SB1...there are some...interesting uniforms walking around lately and
hasn't the Federation gotten a wee bit ....brutal.

Something to think about
owww what terran story arc you got in mind ?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Consider the state of the STO world

war
undine invasion
ect...

The mirror universe ...'mirrors' the main universe
they might be having similar 'problems'
and or....what happens if the main universe is brought to ruins?
the mirror universe might suffer a similar fate.

Section 31....and er...13 will do anything to prevent it.
Deals in the Darkness

"the enemy of my enemy is my friend"
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
Consider the state of the STO world

war
undine invasion
ect...

The mirror universe ...'mirrors' the main universe
they might be having similar 'problems'
and or....what happens if the main universe is brought to ruins?
the mirror universe might suffer a similar fate.

Section 31....and er...13 will do anything to prevent it.
Deals in the Darkness

"the enemy of my enemy is my friend"
lol i have a mission planned called "The enemy of my enemy is not my friend"
Lt. Commander
# 10 Nice idea
11-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I had thought of doing similar things in my missions. I was going to have missions where you went to specialized areas of Earth Spacedock, Deep Space 9, other well known facilities, but I was also going to have the player make trips to other facilities, like Starbase 24.

Currently, there is no Starbase 24 in game. But there will be in my mission, the player can board the station and for all intents and purposes it functions like a real starbase, complete with areas to purchase weaponry, access the exchange, swap out vessels, ect. But it also plays a role in the story and allows me to generate my own crew for the starbase itself. And even if implementing the special vendors are not possible, I'm still planning on having the player walk the corridors of totally new base facilities. Off the official star charts because some of them are classified, others because they are not major trading bases.

But you all get the idea.

I can't wait to see how walking around Starfleet Academy turns out, that will be awesome.