Lt. Commander
I have tried to do the slingshot affect with 4 different ships and four different Captains all with the same results. I can't get past the 3rd ring. I have tried everything to try to accomplish this mission. I have loved all the weeklies up until this one. I am very disappointed that I will not be able to finish this series. The slingshot affect was a being self navigated was just a very poor game and design decision.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-13-2010, 02:37 PM
hey thanks for sharing your view. Sorry your had so much trouble.

however i do not agree with what you stated about it being difficult. and know this is only your view. I had no problem even with a SC. So maybe look at your setup/power/how you are doing it vs "what" the mission is expecting, might help neighbor.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
hey thanks for sharing your view. Sorry your had so much trouble.

however i do not agree with what you stated about it being difficult. and know this is only your view. I had no problem even with a SC. So maybe look at your setup/power/how you are doing it vs "what" the mission is expecting, might help neighbor.
It is not just his view. Ask anyone that suffers from LAG just how difficult the slingshot was. If you do not have that issue, you have NO IDEA what we have to put up with.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-13-2010, 05:42 PM
I had a bit of a problem with it at first. Then I tried it at half tactical speed, no full impulse, and it was alot easier.
Lt. Commander
# 5 I've noticed
11-13-2010, 05:50 PM
I've noted that if you hug the inside of the first ring ( closet to the planet ) And try to stay in close to the inside of the second one... you;ll arc into a wide turn which should help keep you on course for the last of the rinng.. I did this on an Excel cruiser.. so it should work with others as well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-13-2010, 08:10 PM
I managed to get it.... on my 10th or so try Dsthal said something about holding down both mouse buttons to navigate... hate to say it, but if we couldn't figure it out and it takes the CEO of STO to tell us this trick after many tries and frustrated attempts, then it wasn't implemented well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Do people not steer with their mouse normally? I've always used the mouse to steer since I started playing, and I had no trouble with the ring puzzle.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAM1701 View Post
I have tried to do the slingshot affect with 4 different ships and four different Captains all with the same results. I can't get past the 3rd ring. I have tried everything to try to accomplish this mission. I have loved all the weeklies up until this one. I am very disappointed that I will not be able to finish this series. The slingshot affect was a being self navigated was just a very poor game and design decision.
I dont know what to tell anyone I did this on all my characters and was able to complete it my first try. Dont complain about lag, get a better internet connection and quit blaming Cryptic. The mission is a good one and well designed. The mission rewards was more then expected.

Good Job Cryptic keep up the great work!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Haven't did it yet, what is the end reward?
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklinaar
Do people not steer with their mouse normally? I've always used the mouse to steer since I started playing, and I had no trouble with the ring puzzle.
Actually, no. I use the mouse to look around but didn't realize I could use both mouth buttons til he mentioend it. I'm eager to try it out