Lt. Commander
SPOILER WARNING

What stupid organization is Section 31 that they pick the House of Duras to disguise my ship? It's not like they haven't been a controversial within the Empire for centuries! Good lord I hope Drake never sends us back to WWII...

Otherwise, I thought it was a good mission. I like how the action was broken up with the puzzle in the middle. And the puzzle actually require you read the text. Again, very nice.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-13-2010, 11:47 AM
LOL yeah, when that happened my first thought was "**** you franklin..."
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Franklin Drake is an idiot
You've just now figured this out? I thought everyone who did Under the Cover of Night knew that. Seriously, Drake is a bungling amature. I can only assume that he slept and/or blackmailed his way to the top of Section 31.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-13-2010, 11:55 AM
"Captain, we are sending you back to 1940 London. But to make sure you blend in, here is an SS uniform. No one should notice you."

At the end he was telling me "Section 31 is not just some organization blah blah blah." I was thinking, "you send me back with a bulls-eye on my ship and NOW you are giving me the recruiting spill?" Screw you, Drake!
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-13-2010, 12:11 PM
I am sending Drake a Thank-You Bomb. Without the holo-emitter I could have avoided those fights. Sure they would have seen a strange ship but unless I acted hostile I could have gotten out of that. Just pretended to be a new ship or something. Or some rich idiot's private yacht not built to conventional designs.

Sure you can have the pretense of if they suspect you are not from that time you might be altering the timeline. But unless you act like a hostile party they should just leave you alone. After all you are at a neutral space station in a neutral zone.

But if I get into a fight I will use my decidedly non 23rd century weapons. Then they will KNOW I am not from this time.

Or maybe disguise myself as a Federation ship.

But no. I have to use a holo-emitter/kill me sign.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-13-2010, 12:45 PM
ive only done klinks so i had assumed the feds got a connie or something. thats slightly disappointing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Or, yanno, you could straight up go back as your normal ship, and tell everyone 'yes, I am from the future, NO you may not ask what I'm doing, yes, this is important, NO you don't need to know who I am, or why it is important, YET.'

Besides, you should have been able to hail B'vat (on the fed side), so that you get that enjoyable shot of him paling, and then backing down, because of that good old fashioned intimidation. Nothing like a 25th century ship, which has already beaten the daylights out of you once to make you decide you have somewhere else to be.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
Or, yanno, you could straight up go back as your normal ship, and tell everyone 'yes, I am from the future, NO you may not ask what I'm doing, yes, this is important, NO you don't need to know who I am, or why it is important, YET.'

Besides, you should have been able to hail B'vat (on the fed side), so that you get that enjoyable shot of him paling, and then backing down, because of that good old fashioned intimidation. Nothing like a 25th century ship, which has already beaten the daylights out of you once to make you decide you have somewhere else to be.
But I was in a 23rd Century ship to begin with.... The excelsior class ship isn't that far out. That would be like someone driving up in your driveway in a 2035 Ford Mustang. If you asked and they told you it was a concept car, odds are YOU WOULD BELIEVE THEM! Because you don't know any better.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-13-2010, 01:40 PM
I'd actually ask them why they're in my neiborhood in a concept car ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekasheeba View Post
I'd actually ask them why they're in my neiborhood in a concept car ^_^
Pest control.