Lt. Commander
# 11
11-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeyer View Post
Wait. Are you saying the foundry lab is out of closed beta, so schlubs like me can use it now?

EB
Just the 'Create Content' tab on the character screen in the latest Tribble build.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeyer View Post
Wait. Are you saying the foundry lab is out of closed beta, so schlubs like me can use it now?

EB
the page is up but its all blanked our atm.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-15-2010, 01:36 PM
I am going to take an educated guess

Creation takes 1 character slot...or 2 if you want to create both fed and klingon stuff,
however they will give you 1 or 2 new character slots at launch for that.

So you can use them to create more stuff, or if you not into that...you get 1 or 2 new toon
slots for free

a win/win situation

...................................... my reasoning behind this is that the backlash from having to burn
one of your character slots to use foundry would be....bad
What ??? I have to delete one of my admirals???
ECT.. :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Well like my previous post says, they give you one slot. And it seems that additional characters will use your slots.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-16-2010, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders118 View Post
Well like my previous post says, they give you one slot. And it seems that additional characters will use your slots.
There ya go...they give you one slot
...any others come out of your slot list

thxs for the info....one test toon will be fine, I only plan on working on one mission at a time,
SO...if I want to switch to say...Klingon will just delete test toon and make a klingon one

easy breazy
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Boy, I freaked out a little too when I saw that wording.

If they're going to add a character slot for UGC testing only, just tell us so! Don't make people who have filled up their three (or more) already worry.

Better yet, don't tell us anything! Just have a big "Test here" button, which creates a "character" that looks like one of those crash test dummies, who is customizable by level, etc. Allow this "character" to test any mission, regardless of faction, and we're a go.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-25-2010, 10:37 PM
I've got two toons on regular Tribble... a Fed and a Klink. The Create tab shows that I have two slots available for testing... I'm assuming one for Fed and one for Klink. That will work well since I'm planning to write missions for both. I read a dev post not too long ago that stated that with your 'test' toons, you'll be able to modify them at will (rank, abilities, etc) so that you can properly test your newly created missions.