Lt. Commander
# 11
11-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Ahh outdated! That's life in a nutshell. You get old, and society renew itself, instead of crumbling apart. ( Notable exceptions aside. ) All those fresh faces of the new generation appears, ignoring the glory that was our past. Mostly because they live in the present, the inconsiderate little br...

Be that as it may.

They better not sleep in history class. Lest they shall create all the bad television of the past once again. Instead of making it bad in new and improved ways!

At least we have our nostalgia! It is our comfort, companion and... er...

Need more TOS stuff!

That's the conclusion!

---
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sernon
Ahh outdated! That's life in a nutshell. You get old, and society renew itself, instead of crumbling apart. ( Notable exceptions aside. ) All those fresh faces of the new generation appears, ignoring the glory that was our past. Mostly because they live in the present, the inconsiderate little br...

Be that as it may.

They better not sleep in history class. Lest they shall create all the bad television of the past once again. Instead of making it bad in new and improved ways!

At least we have our nostalgia! It is our comfort, companion and... er...

Need more TOS stuff!

That's the conclusion!

---
Well thank you for those useless ramblings.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the B'Rel example indicative of the difference between the Klingons and the Feds? Klingons find a workable design and they improve on it. Feds find a workable design and it REPLACES the previous working design.

CaptMattSchwab, read your original post tomorrow morning. Do you hear that? The 'waaaahh' sound in the background? You're complaining about the reward from the second weekly series released. You have this martyr mentality that Cryptic is out to 'gitcha' and those who share your affinity. The fact is, I'm 100% positive Cryptic would love to give you and the DS9 fans and the TNG fans and the Voyager fans and the Enterprise fans and the soft canon fans everything you could possibly want in every way. But they can't. They don't have the resources to appeal to your 'GOTTA HAVE IT NAO!' desires. The game isn't a year old. How the holy hell are they supposed to produce all the varied and sundry things all of the various fan cliques desire at one time? Again, they can't. What they can do is produce this stuff over time, which is exactly what they've been doing. Granted, I'm not a fan of the glacial pace at which they fix existing issues with the game (hi, the exchange UI is complete poop, functionally speaking) but jeez, they can only do so much. You're asking for Roederer for the price of Coors. Not likely to happen.

All in good time. You got a mission series with an excellent throwback element....and you're whining because they didn't give you EVERYTHING from that period. Petulant personified.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
No one is tormenting you. TOS is nearly my favorite series, so I am a bug fan of it. ANd completely understand why you cant do all that crap you are whinging about. If you are in a fact a true fan of trek you too will understand. TOS stuff is outdated, obviously, the fact the cant stand up to modern ships, is obvious. And it shouldnt. I you were watching TNG and saw a TOS era Connie in a large battle, holdings its own like its a Galaxy, blasting away at Cardies, or roms with no explanation, wouldnt you think that would be a bit odd? Same goes for the game. It's the 25th century guys, not the 23rd, big time difference.

It's like a WWII Spitfire, going up against an F-14 Raptor. It would die rather expediently. And now, same with the connie. If you want to fly go ahead, but OF COURSE your going to die. It just makes sense!!
-cough F-14 TOMCAT cough-
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Well thank you for those useless ramblings.
Your gratitude was received in the spirit it was given. I have plenty of time waiting. What is your excuse Klingon.

The answer might already be apparent.

---
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-13-2010, 08:08 PM
I agree we need more TOS stuff! I am an original Trekkie and want all TOS eveything!
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Ah, but it is still not a TOS era vessel.
No, it's not. It's smaller, only carries 32 crew members, two disruptor, and a torpedo launcher. The heavily damaged and undermanned Enterprise was nearly a match for it in Search for Spock. This would be only ten, twenty years after TOS, so it's nearly a contemporary.

So actually, it's weaker than a TOS Connie.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-13-2010, 08:25 PM
No one is mocking TOS fans. We have a tight schedule and as I've mentioned in past Engineering Reports, most assets get made when a specific storyline or mission requests it months in advance. If our game took place in the TOS era, that might be a different story. Nearly all the team members on this game are big fans of TOS so we want to make as much of it as we can, we just have to do it when the schedule and planning budgets allow.

There is more TOS on the way, but like I said it can take months to get it in game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
No one is mocking TOS fans. We have a tight schedule and as I've mentioned in past Engineering Reports, most assets get made when a specific storyline or mission requests it months in advance. If our game took place in the TOS era, that might be a different story. Nearly all the team members on this game are big fans of TOS so we want to make as much of it as we can, we just have to do it when the schedule and planning budgets allow.

There is more TOS on the way, but like I said it can take months to get it in game.
Will we be able to get more TOS phasers, eventually?
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander_X View Post
Will we be able to get more TOS phasers, eventually?
We hope that the new episode replay system will allow you to re-run the Feature Episodes and get the rewards when you complete the episodes. That is how we intend for players to be able to get more of the TOS gear.