Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander_X View Post
Will we be able to get more TOS phasers, eventually?
Having those as rewards for repeating missions via episodic replay would work, redo the episode 4 times...each time you get one TOS phaser or something...may be a possible method that I wouldnt mind.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
No one is mocking TOS fans. We have a tight schedule and as I've mentioned in past Engineering Reports, most assets get made when a specific storyline or mission requests it months in advance. If our game took place in the TOS era, that might be a different story. Nearly all the team members on this game are big fans of TOS so we want to make as much of it as we can, we just have to do it when the schedule and planning budgets allow.

There is more TOS on the way, but like I said it can take months to get it in game.
Stahl there in that is my problem, why more tos, I know your want to cater to all fans. But this isnt TOS era as well all know and also you are aware. Why bring in more. I think lately there has been way to much of it, weapons, ships, clothing. I mean really more??!??! We need to get back onto the 24th century yah know...whats happening now not in the past... and please NO MORE TIME TRAVEL STUFF.

You know what killed the enterprise show.. time traveling episodes. SO please move on with new content for our century not past moments. Not only TOS stuff coming in but enterprise...oy more FUTURE stuff please.

And dont get me wrong I like TOS to an extent but dang...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
11-13-2010, 08:35 PM
It's very simple:

There is a finite amount of stuff they can work on at one time. The game takes place in 2409, and not all of the players have even SEEN TOS, much less prefer it. We'll get our pieces. Be patient. Anything you can name that you feel should have been left out in favor of TOS stuff, somebody else would have missed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Stahl there in that is my problem, why more tos, I know your want to cater to all fans. But this isnt TOS era as well all know and also you are aware. Why bring in more. I think lately there has been way to much of it, weapons, ships, clothing. I mean really more??!??! We need to get back onto the 24th century yah know...whats happening now not in the past... and please NO MORE TIME TRAVEL STUFF.

You know what killed the enterprise show.. time traveling episodes. SO please move on with new content for our century not past moments. Not only TOS stuff coming in but enterprise...oy more FUTURE stuff please.

And dont get me wrong I like TOS to an extent but dang...
That is why we're starting the design the FUTURE enterprise promo in less than 3 weeks. We are moving forward in our era... but that doesn't mean that a few months down there road there might be some new TOS stuff.

I realize people are sensitive to what they want - but we are honestly moving as fast as we can and I'm even working with other companies to get components we can use to get things in game faster.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
11-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
That is why we're starting the design the FUTURE enterprise promo in less than 3 weeks. We are moving forward in our era... but that doesn't mean that a few months down there road there might be some new TOS stuff.

I realize people are sensitive to what they want - but we are honestly moving as fast as we can and I'm even working with other companies to get components we can use to get things in game faster.
Now you tease us with this info? Grrr you :p What does this Future Enterprise promo mean? Or can you not tell us?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
11-13-2010, 08:49 PM
So on a slightly related note..

Does the fact that NX-01 is coming in as a starter ship mean you're done making refits of old ships like that?

What's the intended fate of the Connie refit thats "on hold" and would we ever see more lower tier refits suitable for use at endgame?

For instance, my favorite of the Cryptic-designed ships is Excalibur and I think it would be neat to use even in later levels, with a BO compliment and weapon mounts that make it use-able, if not equal to other T5 ships. And I'm sure lots of other people want the Nova, the Connie + Refit, and yes... even some sort of "refit" of the NX (even a Drexler-style redo.. )

too much to hope for?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
11-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Stahl there in that is my problem, why more tos, I know your want to cater to all fans. But this isnt TOS era as well all know and also you are aware. Why bring in more. I think lately there has been way to much of it, weapons, ships, clothing. I mean really more??!??! We need to get back onto the 24th century yah know...whats happening now not in the past... and please NO MORE TIME TRAVEL STUFF.

You know what killed the enterprise show.. time traveling episodes. SO please move on with new content for our century not past moments. Not only TOS stuff coming in but enterprise...oy more FUTURE stuff please.

And dont get me wrong I like TOS to an extent but dang...
i for one do not mind time travel stuff as long as it is to either the near past or the future. as far as ending it with the TOS and Enterprise stuff i do agree with it is time to move forward. and dstahl i thank you for telling us about how this is your plan and commend your efforts to get content into the game faster. i think most of the fans of this game need to chill out the content will get there and cryptic is working hard to see that it does. they are covering an absolutely huge task with trek and i think we all could do with a little patience in waiting for content.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
11-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
Now you tease us with this info? Grrr you :p What does this Future Enterprise promo mean? Or can you not tell us?
The future enterprise is the enterprise j from the books look it up it is kindof cool. http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(NCC-1701-J)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
So on a slightly related note..

Does the fact that NX-01 is coming in as a starter ship mean you're done making refits of old ships like that?

What's the intended fate of the Connie refit thats "on hold" and would we ever see more lower tier refits suitable for use at endgame?

For instance, my favorite of the Cryptic-designed ships is Excalibur and I think it would be neat to use even in later levels, with a BO compliment and weapon mounts that make it use-able, if not equal to other T5 ships. And I'm sure lots of other people want the Nova, the Connie + Refit, and yes... even some sort of "refit" of the NX (even a Drexler-style redo.. )

too much to hope for?
i would like to say although i love the play style of the star cruiser i absolutely love the appearance of the excalibur and would love to see a refit later on but i am willing to wait.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
11-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
That is why we're starting the design the FUTURE enterprise promo in less than 3 weeks. We are moving forward in our era... but that doesn't mean that a few months down there road there might be some new TOS stuff.

I realize people are sensitive to what they want - but we are honestly moving as fast as we can and I'm even working with other companies to get components we can use to get things in game faster.
What about ships?

I know it's a sensitive topic regarding the older ships, but some of the lower tier ships are not old.

What is the plan for those? When might we see a system that allows players to fly what they want, without the massive penalties?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
11-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
What about ships?

I know it's a sensitive topic regarding the older ships, but some of the lower tier ships are not old.

What is the plan for those? When might we see a system that allows players to fly what they want, without the massive penalties?
As a complete pie in the sky - I could see a future where once Fleets can own their own starbases and spacedocks, it would be ideal (imho) if players could craft their own retrofits.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:35 PM.