Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-16-2010, 03:00 AM
My 2c

Slingshot maneuver:
Easy. Sorry, but if you can't get through these circles you're doing something wrong.

Ground part:
Easy on normal difficulty.
Get used to being "one-shotted" at elite setting. Even a dedicated healer focused on just you won't keep you alive.

Last space part:
Very difficult!
I tried running this solo on normal setting, and my cruiser was the only ship that wasn't killed at least once! (and i'm having no difficulty running STFs or B'tran on elite setting!)

Conclusion:

The mission was well balanced in difficulty if you run it on normal, but are used to running explore missions on elite...
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Hey dassem, I had difficulty with the rings. I started on full impulse cause I didn't know what to expect, but when I just used regular full power, it still was too fast after the third ring.
Come to think of it I had my power settings turned to enhance engines. Could that have a big enough effect?
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-16-2010, 04:01 PM
I read that this mission was difficult on a few different posts before I attempted it.

I completed it first attempt without dying. I don't know what all the fuss is about?

The rings were heaps of fun and I was hopping to fail it so I could see the slingshot effect again. Would make a nice mini-game I fly a Star Cruiser and went full-impulse. Much too short and it could have had twice the rings. The end part of the mission was a bit challenging, but I never got below 50% shields.

Bring on more weeklies!
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Difficult? Are you trying to do the Rings in a Carrier?
I did the rings at the start in a carrier at full speed, easy peasy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Did the mission for the second time with my Cap4 Sci in a LRSV. Did MUCH better this time for the last section since I knew to take out the incoming D7s before taking on the comet bits.

Even then it was still a huge challenge. Even keeping my shields up with everything I've got my crew got killed/disabled. I used every trick in the book and eventually came through. On my first try I died about ten times.

The mission had a lot of flaws, granted. The "get me a drink" portion and the A** Pull at the end from Drake. You mean I had a temporal node on my ship all along? Thanks for nothing, buddy!

Overall, challenging but not impossibly difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-22-2010, 01:59 PM
My big complaint about this mission is that we are WARNED sufficiently to NOT DISRUPT THE TIMELINE!

So, in my book, that means NOT confronting -- and possibly killing -- ANYONE on ANY of those Klingon ships. If we had a way to simply target the engines and put them out of commission, that would be one thing. But, firing weapons at those ships will invariably KILL several of the shipmates. That, logically, is unavoidable.

So, whose to say that everyone else EXCEPT the one guy who has to survive is expendable to the timeline?

The whole concept of this "battle" is flawed from the gitgo.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-22-2010, 02:02 PM
I didn't think it was that hard. I destroyed the Comet without even attacking any of the Klingon ships.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-22-2010, 02:35 PM
The rings were fun, made me think of Star Trek The Voyage Home. I had no problem with it, fist try on all of my toons.

The D7's, which was the hardest part, was a challenge. challenges I like. It was a tough fight rellying on all of my skills/powers. But I succeeded the first try. It was close a few times, but that is what made if fun.

I hope they make more like that.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Yes, this was a difficult mission. I had a hard time with the rings. Some of the combat was a bit much and, like a lot of players, I thought the nerve tonic was a bit corny... BUT some of the best episodes of TOS were a bit corny, in all incarnations of ST, some of the combat wasn't always one shot deals, and face it, flying a Starship takes a steady hand.

I loved the mission (and the previous one). It was a lot of fun interacting with ST legends!

I'm sure there would've been quite a few complaints if the mission was "too easy" as well... so when all is done and said, ya can't please everyone.

Now, my only beef was that if we're using a holo-emitter to fool people, why would they give a federation ship a Klingon holo-emitter. It could've easily made us look like a Connie and the first battle would've been unnecessary as would the end batter with the Klingons if we're in a Klingon ship. But that's just my humble opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
My 2c

Slingshot maneuver:
Easy. Sorry, but if you can't get through these circles you're doing something wrong.

Ground part:
Easy on normal difficulty.
Get used to being "one-shotted" at elite setting. Even a dedicated healer focused on just you won't keep you alive.

Last space part:
Very difficult!
I tried running this solo on normal setting, and my cruiser was the only ship that wasn't killed at least once! (and i'm having no difficulty running STFs or B'tran on elite setting!)

Conclusion:

The mission was well balanced in difficulty if you run it on normal, but are used to running explore missions on elite...

My Defiant did not even bat an eye at the last space combat part, I shereded through it with no problems.