Lt. Commander
# 1 Continued Efforts
11-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Good Morning friends, family and players' abroad.

This morning as I was getting my coffee and checking mail, my top Branch officer brought it to my attention that there are still those that insist on trying to screw other new player's by stealing from fleet vaults. I offer the following excerpt from our fleet forum and PM register:

------------------------

re: Lt. Fleet Bank robbed this weekend
New postby Morella sutai-Gorkon on 14 Nov 2010 03:51 am
Copy of PM to Chancellor:

Very odd behavior from Zachary Carter@AdmiralMoon.

I was over at Tribble and switched when I realized that I had a mail from Donna@buff88. She indicated the Fleet Bank had been robbed and @AdmiralMoon had left the fleet. When I got there Ravenblade was the only character on. Ravenblade was enjoying new rank, so I didn't bother him with it.

I confirmed the bank log activity and checked the Fleet Bank directly. The Lieutenant tab was wiped. Donna didn't mention if she had tried to contact @AdmiralMoon or not. So I looked for him and he wasn't online from what I could tell. If the player was smart, he place our ranks on ignore.

I replied to Donna and thanked her for the message. And to not let the matter prevent her from enjoying the fleet.
-----

Morella sutai-Gorkon on 14 Nov 2010 04:54 am
I did some poking around the Captain's Database just for the hell of it.

For what it's worth, @AdmiralMoon has two characters listed currently:

Zachary Carter@AdmiralMoon (Fed-side)

KYVKVON'NEBULAE@AdmiralMoon (Klingon-side)

I immediately switched over to Mor'ella to see if he might have joined that fleet also. yejquv-Qo'noS looks alright. But I want to get word out on that side, too. Just in case.

What confused me was that the events for tlhIngan yejquv didn't indicate when Zachary Carter joined us. But his Captain's Database page indicate that he joined us the same day that he left.

Regarding fleet bank settings. Might we consider withholding it entirely from new players? IMO, it might be good to hold new players in the Da' cha'dich for one week. With no privileges beyond Fleet Chat. I don't care how nice they seem in Fleet Chat or groups. Granted the ******s can always wait a week and do the same thing. But at least we have one more measure in place.

I also think we need a News item for our frontpage. I can set it stay there as long as we want it. Character names can change. But the @name is forever. Short of blackballing them in the STO forum, we can direct other STO user's to our site to read it.
-----

Chancellor Mogh on 14 Nov 2010 10:45 am
Yes hon, I am forced to agree with you. It seems to me that even though we try to afford people the kindness of giving them a home and a body to call friends, there is always going to be a few to screw things up and attempt to give a bad name to the rest of the new player's.

***** Effective Immediately: *****

All new players' will remain at lowest fleet rank for a period of not less than 1 Month and shall remain on probation for a period of not less than 60 days. This will give us the opportunity to observe how they interact and play activity.

All player's below the IC & Fleet rank of Captain shall shall have 0 access to withdraw privileges. If they need something from fleet vault, they can ask the Senior Charge Officer, Mor'ella [Fleet Staff Command] or Hov'wI [Fleet Admiral].

I will compose a Fleet Command Roster which will show the proper chain of Command on both sides. PLayer's will be expected to follow the chain of command from this point forward.

I will post this information regarding @AdmiralMoon to the STO forum to advise them to be aware. Thank you girls for your Vigilance and protecting Fleet interests.

As always Mor'ella, you have my consent to follow up with your recommendations for the front page News item honey. Thank you Donna & Mor'ella. All my love
-----

Guys, I think we need to address these issues with STO. We have taken steps to include rank sorting restrictions per tab, <ie: Lt. tab only, Captain tab only; etc>. This has been effective in a vast way in preventing a great deal of losses, but everytime STO does a patch, there seems to be an issue where the fleet tabs revert to a default setting. IMO, this matter needs to be addressed and fixed by STO, insomuch as this takes time away from Fleet Administration in handling other matters of Fleet interests, it causes STO grief because Fleet Administrators have to go back and manually check the vaults to account for all equiptment and gear, then report the stolen items. STO, god willing; has to verify the report, then go back and replace the stolen items out of kindness and finally deal with the idiot who initially caused the mess to begin with.

We as the player's and Fleet Admin take alot of time in farming, and it is of my opinion that we should not have to babysit or constantly be forced to monitor the vault. I know it is a very large risk bringing in new people to a fleet, especially if you do not know them, but you also want to make other player's feel welcome to STO and allow them the same pleasures and enjoyments that we have as a fleet.

Administration Officers: Please post this information to your Fleets regarding the theft of @AdmiralMoon on both faction sides. Than you all for your friendship, love and attention.

B'etora Asidbor Mogh, Chancellor, VA.
tlhIngan yejquv
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-14-2010, 02:33 PM
This sort of behavior is truly unfortunate amongst gaming communities. While our fleet continues to evolve our own method of prevention, there will always be a player out there who just feels justified.

Per my internal discussion with t'Marau, I have created a shortlist on our fleet website. I thought the Gates of Gre'thor as news topic was apropos. It can be read off site >here<
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2010, 07:38 AM
This is great. I tried to get help from support but received the same help i always get from them none. We had a fleet banker @Stegi he was there long before i joined or was given the fleet. do to space or lack there of we opened 3 more fleets just for storage purposes no members and built up well over 100,000,000 LC's needless to say he cleaned us out. Come to find out he was selling the LC's I have replaced the $40,000,000 from the main but have no access to the others. I also understand he has opened a new account. So be careful.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
As a suggestion: limit the amount of withdrawals per day. We have our bank set up that way and works great. It would take a very long time to wipe out a fleet bank that way, not even worth it. We use a system of increasing limits as you rank up, but even the highest rank (minus the main fleet founders) can only take out only 5 items a day and a handful of ECs.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Sorry...
11-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks a LOT guys! If I had only known that my little (naughty) brother was on the MY account while I was at the store stealing everyone's stuff after joining a fleet, leaving and selling everything (including my weapons and equipment) and purchasing 3 tier 2 ships and saying it was all a big mistake, I would have stopped him immediately. I will be sure next time that there is a password lock on the computer so he cannot sneak onto my account again and ruinate my reputation as being a good player.

I send my apologies for this accident happening to your fleet storage. I will be more careful as to not let my brother do this again.

The real AdmirialMoon.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Continued Efforts
11-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralMoon
Thanks a LOT guys! If I had only known that my little (naughty) brother was on the MY account while I was at the store stealing everyone's stuff after joining a fleet, leaving and selling everything (including my weapons and equipment) and purchasing 3 tier 2 ships and saying it was all a big mistake, I would have stopped him immediately. I will be sure next time that there is a password lock on the computer so he cannot sneak onto my account again and ruinate my reputation as being a good player.

I send my apologies for this accident happening to your fleet storage. I will be more careful as to not let my brother do this again.

The real AdmirialMoon.
Computer Safety is always a must hon, especially if there are children at home. I would be willing to let this go and allow your return, but I would ask that you make a conscious effort to farm some of the lower level gear. It was not high EC stuff, but as you are aware, some items are extremely difficult to come by as a Lieutenant. I would also be willing to recant the posts, Let me know what you wish to do.

Chancellor Mogh