Lt. Commander
# 261
11-15-2010, 04:12 PM
The OP was talking about multiple carriers in a pvp match. Plural.

The vast majority of this thread has derailed into talking about hypothetical pvp matches only involving one carrier. Singular.

The thread is even called Klingon Carrier Overkill - Please Fix.....not How can I take out one lone Carrier?"

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 262
11-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valxocia
The OP was talking about multiple carriers in a pvp match. Plural.

The vast majority of this thread has derailed into talking about hypothetical pvp matches only involving one carrier. Singular.

The thread is even called Klingon Carrier Overkill - Please Fix.....not How can I take out one lone Carrier?"

That is all.
Yet if a ship can be shown to consistently win versus a carrier in 1 vs. 1, it would logically follow that a team of those specced ships would win versus a team of carriers, no?

Or am I stretching deductive logic a bit too far? Does the premise not support the logical conclusion?
Lt. Commander
# 263
11-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Yet if a ship can be shown to consistently win versus a carrier in 1 vs. 1, it would logically follow that a team of those specced ships would win versus a team of carriers, no?

Or am I stretching deductive logic a bit too far? Does the premise not support the logical conclusion?
Do issues like heavy lag equate into this? I'd have to imagine a 1v1 match wouldn't cause much lag at all as opposed to three, four or even five carriers in a match. That can offer up unfair gameplay, at least it would seem so to me.

And as for respeccing my ship to take out a carrier. LOL, no. I will not change my set just to take out one type of ship, especially since I....like so many others recently.....have completely given up FVK pvp in favor of FVF pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 264
11-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Due to the amount of gratuitous flaming, trolling, and general nonsensical madness in this thread, I am closing it.

If you have been posting on the last 3-5 pages of this thread, chances are, that were I inclined to, you could be banned from the forums right now.

However, instead of outright banning you all, I will instead simply state the following:

I am very disappointed in you. Yes you. Our community is better than this. We can have rational discussions here without resorting to flaming and trolling one another. Furthermore, by now, you all know better than to respond to flames with more flames. There's a report post button, and you should all use it.

If you were not involved in the flaming pile of posts that was this thread, I wish to apologize to you for not closing it sooner.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Closed Thread