Lt. Commander
# 1 Type II phasers
11-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I love the new rewards for this weeks episodes they llok great sound great but i do have one complaint the type II phasers are way too week, and not realy sure why they made them so much weeker then the disruptors and i know some one going to say well you can set them to stund which is true but you can set them to kill also, and i tried them in Big DIG switch instances and was playing several levels below my rank and still even in there they where very week , i beleave they need to relook at these and boost the power up on them a good bit so hopefully they will
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Would've been nice if the secondary fire was an exploit attack. None of the phaser beam pistols have that. Phaser beam pistols are also rather weak compared to the compression pistols and other forms of beam pistol. For the TOS variant (and hopefully future phaser beam pistol variants), they could've just made the primary fire mode the "stun" setting while the secondary fire is kill (does more damage than primary, when target is exposed it vapes them). Similar to the high density beam rifle, or split beam rifle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Stun pistols do less DPS, but they also cut into the enemy's DPS. If you keep stunning an enemy, their DPS plummets.

They're also useful in PvP, because you can tag someone who's weak to keep him from diving behind cover.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander_X View Post
Stun pistols do less DPS, but they also cut into the enemy's DPS. If you keep stunning an enemy, their DPS plummets.

They're also useful in PvP, because you can tag someone who's weak to keep him from diving behind cover.
I don't want to tag somebody. I want disintegrations. Screw Starfleet regs, I don't take prisoners.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Now that they have the TOS pistol animation, maybe we could get a Varon-T disruptor for the kill-happy folks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
I don't want to tag somebody. I want disintegrations. Screw Starfleet regs, I don't take prisoners.
Every enemy you kill with the TOS phaser disintegrates.

My point is, if your team is fighting in a corridor, and your team's target is about to duck behind cover, you can stop them with the stun. A cleverly-used stun pistol can be very deadly in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander_X View Post
Every enemy you kill with the TOS phaser disintegrates.

My point is, if your team is fighting in a corridor, and your team's target is about to duck behind cover, you can stop them with the stun. A cleverly-used stun pistol can be very deadly in PvP.

I want a Klingon Agonizer that I can use on my BOffs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I would love to see some hand phasers with exploit abilities. I like to use the hand phaser more since it seams more Trekkie.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-14-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm pretty sure this weapon and the crazy anti-dividian weapon that sends a wavy beam that chains to nearby other enemies are messed up.

The dividian weapon thingy does too much damage. Seriously, equipped with blues of my rank and the thing doubles their DPS. The stun thing does less than a green stun thing. It's like the anti-dividian gun is auto-leveld to max rank (which this character isn't) and the Type II is stuck on the lower rank. Auto-ranking weapons seem broken to me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I'm pretty sure this weapon and the crazy anti-dividian weapon that sends a wavy beam that chains to nearby other enemies are messed up.

The dividian weapon thingy does too much damage. Seriously, equipped with blues of my rank and the thing doubles their DPS. The stun thing does less than a green stun thing. It's like the anti-dividian gun is auto-leveld to max rank (which this character isn't) and the Type II is stuck on the lower rank. Auto-ranking weapons seem broken to me.
They aren't supposed to rank perfectly linearly.

I also question whether the TOS stun phaser does less. I believe its tooltip is bugged by a little though.