Lt. Commander
# 11
11-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I think they are okay...could be more powerful but they are decent enough for me. However...I would like 4 more of these for my away team!! and now that the TOS phaser effect is in game...how about this TUC type?

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...tuc-4views.jpg

I love the black color, and thin look of it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
I think they are okay...could be more powerful but they are decent enough for me. However...I would like 4 more of these for my away team!! and now that the TOS phaser effect is in game...how about this TUC type?

Where is the TUC used. I have not seen it before.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-14-2010, 09:31 PM
It's the hand phaser from the Original Series Star Trek Movies, 1-6. You get a real clear shot of it in Star Trek V.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
I don't want to tag somebody. I want disintegrations. Screw Starfleet regs, I don't take prisoners.
courtmarshall and send to rura penthe for no less then 50 solar cycles.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-14-2010, 09:46 PM
I was actually thinking that because the type 2 phaser vaporizes on the kill shot it will be REALLY useful against mobs that can revive their comrades.

I ran through one of the KDF story missions recently and nothing gave me more of a headache then having an entire federation mob revive itself as I tried take down individual members.

Quote:

I always really loved the look of the assault phaser. The prop designers modeled it after real semi-auto pistols and it shows, it actually looks like a real weapon opposed to most phasers that are seen.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
I always really loved the look of the assault phaser. The prop designers modeled it after real semi-auto pistols and it shows, it actually looks like a real weapon opposed to most phasers that are seen.
As opposed to the utterly comical old style rifle that we got issued with? :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curii
As opposed to the utterly comical old style rifle that we got issued with? :p
Actually yeah. :p

This looks much more like a weapon then this. I guess you could have a differing opinion if you were really into flash gordon-type productions.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-15-2010, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
I was actually thinking that because the type 2 phaser vaporizes on the kill shot it will be REALLY useful against mobs that can revive their comrades.
I was thinking how it would wreck the storyline justifications when replaying this series. You know the whole "phasers set to stun", "bodies everywhere" aspect of these missions? Fortunately, episode replay is being billed as a "simulation" although I'm not sure why we have to fly to the locales if that's the case...
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I was thinking how it would wreck the storyline justifications when replaying this series. You know the whole "phasers set to stun", "bodies everywhere" aspect of these missions? Fortunately, episode replay is being billed as a "simulation" although I'm not sure why we have to fly to the locales if that's the case...
You can't vaporize the people Night of the Comet or Everything Old. Not even with exploit weapons. The animation is turned off with them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-15-2010, 09:26 AM
as Morgomir stated: id like to get some for my crew as well...to include the rifle.

i also find the phaser pistol underpowered as compared to the rifle. i just luv the rifle and the animation on it (anyone see how the buttons glow - they get brite then fade...neat)

im just a larger fan of a lot of the older ST stuffs....ive been disliking the new look to weapons and how the BOs carry them to be honest.