Lt. Commander
Why is it that, unless we have a fleet emblem, we have huge upside-down United Federation of Planets emblems?

I'm trying hard to remember if any Trek ships had them in any series and I really can't remember any Starfleet ships that did, much less ones that were flipped.

Why have we had them for so long, and since we apparently have to have them, why are they still wrong way up?

Perhaps an alternative idea would be to get rid of the big UFP emblem, entirely, and go with an alternative. Perhaps go ahead and add the Starfleet arrowhead and stripes to all of the ships (and for the canon ships, make it look like it should) and then give us the option of replacing the Starfleet arrowhead with our fleet emblem.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-14-2010, 08:11 PM
This. SO. MUCH. THIS.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Why is it that, unless we have a fleet emblem, we have huge upside-down United Federation of Planets emblems?

I'm trying hard to remember if any Trek ships had them in any series and I really can't remember any Starfleet ships that did, much less ones that were flipped.

Point taken. It has been added to our "to do" list.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2010, 02:26 PM
I seem to recall someone mentioning that the devs were going to try to get the Starfleet emblem, like the one on the Excelsior model, to all ships... I would be a big fan of that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-15-2010, 02:32 PM
The Fleet Emblem and the Decals do not work the same. The arrowhead and striping are built to the model and are not adjustable by the player. However, we are planning to add those to all of the Fed ships.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtattersall View Post
The Fleet Emblem and the Decals do not work the same. The arrowhead and striping are built to the model and are not adjustable by the player. However, we are planning to add those to all of the Fed ships.
Allow me to say, "THANK YOU!!!" We've been waiting for those to be added to the models for a while now, and no Federation Starship looks complete without them. Especially on the Galaxy Class Nacelles.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Nice! Thanks for the quick reply.

Question for anyone: I don't have an Excelsior, so I don't know how they work... are they usable with the paint jobs we currently have?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Nice! Thanks for the quick reply.

Question for anyone: I don't have an Excelsior, so I don't know how they work... are they usable with the paint jobs we currently have?
Yes u can use the current paint options on them.

Lt. Commander
# 9
11-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Point taken. It has been added to our "to do" list.

Thanks.
Awesome! Thanks mtattersall!
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-15-2010, 04:43 PM
If / when you do get the Starfleet emblems going, we should be able to select whether it is operations, science, command, or blank.