Lt. Commander
# 11
11-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtattersall View Post
The Fleet Emblem and the Decals do not work the same. The arrowhead and striping are built to the model and are not adjustable by the player. However, we are planning to add those to all of the Fed ships.
One question comes to mind:

While understandably, the stripes on the ships should be predefined and not editable by the players, will the arrowhead itself be customizable ? Perhaps a modest selection of the canon arrowhead designs as well as a few Cryptic-inspired designs?

The TNG-era arrowhead for example, looks nothing like the VOY-era arrowhead.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
The Fleet Emblem and the Decals do not work the same. The arrowhead and striping are built to the model and are not adjustable by the player. However, we are planning to add those to all of the Fed ships.
Please tell me you'll eventually get around to removing the need to have some sort of Emblem and give us a "None" option!

I'm sick of seeing that UFP emblem on my ships, it wasn't on the saucer of the Enterprise and it wasn't on any other ship. I don't want it
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Please tell me you'll eventually get around to removing the need to have some sort of Emblem and give us a "None" option!

I'm sick of seeing that UFP emblem on my ships, it wasn't on the saucer of the Enterprise and it wasn't on any other ship. I don't want it
Agreed. I really would just like the option to have no emblem/logo/decal. This has been requested before and dstahl himself said it was a good idea although we haven't heard anything about it since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This is a good suggestion and I'll need to see if there is a technical reason why we don't currently allow none. If the ships can be made to allow "none" then we'll see what we can do.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ghlight=decals
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
For what it is worth, if it is not to much trouble, I would love to be able to scale my fleet logo as well as control its placement like we can do for our toon tattoos.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Though it would be neat if the striping could be made to be built into the model and the arrowhead be lifted from the map and replaced with a replaceable version of itself (like the current UFP logo). That way we could replace the arrowhead with our fleet emblem.