Lt. Commander
# 1 Return of the Klingons!
11-15-2010, 07:32 AM
After several months of it being almost impossible to get enough folks queued for even one KvK PvP match, suddenly in the last few days I have been in almost a dozen KvK Cap & Holds.. and they were great... no, they were EPIC.

Really fun fights with cloaker ambushes and counter cloaker cloaker counter ambushes and carrier vs carrier battles and... and... and... DAMN...

This is great

MOAR PLS
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2010, 07:38 AM
its probably just people getting this last epsiode taken care of before the next one comes out. i wouldnt hold my breath
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlich View Post
its probably just people getting this last epsiode taken care of before the next one comes out. i wouldnt hold my breath
Why would that suddenly cause people to queue for KvK PvP?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2010, 07:45 AM
It's certainly not as fast with the pops as FvF, but when the rest is going so slowly it's been kind of nice for a change to queue up KvK. Surprisingly, a lot of the concerns over who will decloak first haven't really been that much of an issue. The prevalence of cloaking opponents does call for a change in typical alpha strikes and all of that, which I'm still trying to work out, but it's certainly better than sitting there cursing the Feds for hiding from us.

I do hope more people start queuing it up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Why would that suddenly cause people to queue for KvK PvP?
two birds one stone, might the hell as well?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
It's certainly not as fast with the pops as FvF
That is true but until recently the time for a KvK queue to pop was not measured in minutes, it was measured in (literally) months ... so quite an improvement

Quote:
but when the rest is going so slowly it's been kind of nice for a change to queue up KvK. Surprisingly, a lot of the concerns over who will decloak first haven't really been that much of an issue.
Indeed and I was one of the people voicing those concerns and I am glad I was wrong... but it might also be with the increase in use of Carriers, [S]Space Hippos[/S] I mean Orion Cruisers... and Varanus Sci ships, many ships K side are now cloak-free.

Quote:
I do hope more people start queuing it up.
Me too. Several epic QQ-free battles has just whetted my appetite for more.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlich View Post
two birds one stone, might the hell as well?
Not sure about that as last few server population surges at the end of the last arc did not cause KvK matches to suddenly come back to life.

A more likely explanation is we now have more ships that are actually fun to play and so K side is just more active. Hopefully after getting into these great battles, word will spread that not only is it not a waste of a queue slot to rack a KvK match... they are fun as hell

Just watching the carrier vs carrier clashes was eye-popping
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Sounds like fun. I've been looking for a KvK match.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-15-2010, 08:19 AM
I know I started to queue up more because of the weak numbers in FvK. Several times over the past few weeks we've seen 2v30ish and that's just disgusting. Turns out that other Klinks noticed the KvK queues filling up a little and we've run into some good times a bit more regularly. I actually did my Cap and Hold daily in KvK Saturday. It was really nice.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-15-2010, 08:47 AM
HAHA!! That sounds great-lookong forward to some KvK action later after work.
not to mention is serves the feds right for embargoing FvK due to thier delusions of "favortism". If they can go FvF to avoid the "OPKDF" delusion, its nice to know the KDF can go KvK until they decide to play us again.