Lt. Commander
# 11
11-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Indeed and I was one of the people voicing those concerns and I am glad I was wrong... but it might also be with the increase in use of Carriers, [S]Space Hippos[/S] I mean Orion Cruisers... and Varanus Sci ships, many ships K side are now cloak-free.
I think this is much of the reason. KvK when all ships on both sides have cloak is insanely boring. But now at the very least my ship will be out of cloak, so the fight might actually start sometime.

I think the other half of the reason is Feds avoiding FvK. That's always been an issue, but the FvK queues have been getting longer and longer (in my experience anyway) so I think the frustration level with FvK has risen enough to make the risk of a fully-cloaked stand-off tolerable.

I kind of think the trend is going to be for both sides to just fight among themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-15-2010, 09:34 AM
I've stopped queuing for PvP (KvK, FvF, FvK) no patience anymore. All I can do is remember when STO was released the longest I've waited back then was between 5 to 10 minutes.

Waiting for open PvP to arrive someday maybe until then long live Kerrat but even that is getting boring.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-15-2010, 09:38 AM
LoL. Everyone should just stop queuing for PvP. That'll fix it!
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Well this is not surprising since the FvK queues are taking far too long. I've said forever, KvK only died because FvK was so much faster and far preferable.

The whole cloaking issue is entirely secondary, not to say it isn't mitigated because of the surge of non-cloaking ships, but someone has to decloak first in KvK. There is nothing stopping Marauders and carriers from running MES, and several do just that to keep up with the rest of the KDF. If you get in matches where the other 9 don't want to be the first to decloak, well then, you still have to bite the bullet.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Chris
I've stopped queuing for PvP (KvK, FvF, FvK) no patience anymore. All I can do is remember when STO was released the longest I've waited back then was between 5 to 10 minutes.

Waiting for open PvP to arrive someday maybe until then long live Kerrat but even that is getting boring.
I have no idea what time of day you tend to queue up but I hardly ever have to wait more than 10 mins for an FvK
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
I have no idea what time of day you tend to queue up but I hardly ever have to wait more than 10 mins for an FvK
I'm doing only space PvP and any time I have to wait on average 30 minutes or more. Been lifetime sub isn't helping so non lifetimers have to wait even longer.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Right now space capture and hold is about 5 hours and arena no better.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-15-2010, 10:45 AM
What rank are you? I'm happy to say that even at it's worst i haven't had waits like that consistently. Otherwise I would have left.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Chris
Right now space capture and hold is about 5 hours and arena no better.
I only do Space PvP and that is not my experience, to put it mildly... I am 'end game' rank with all my various PvP toons, so I can only assume the problem is occurring in lower level PvP.

I typically do at least three PvP dailies on 4-6 toons per day and that would be literally impossible with the wait times you are seeing.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-15-2010, 10:51 AM
LT General, and wait is say between 30 min max ok I get from time to time 10 min yeah but on average 30 min.