Lt. Commander
# 21
11-15-2010, 10:58 AM
this can be summed up analogy by when me and a few other k's joined healberts team from the organizedpvp channel. we waited for ever to get feds.. and ended up havign 2 kvk matches is all in like 1 hour. several times we had the illusion of a game before it timed out cus all the feds didnt click accept.

long live KVK i always said it was better gameplay to begin with. cryptic, give us real tangible immediate rewards for our houses, let the pvp mean the control of empire! at the very least q q for pew pew kvk asap
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Chris
LT General, and wait is say between 30 min max ok I get from time to time 10 min yeah but on average 30 min.
Must be a time-of-day thing then, I cannot see any other explanation as I am managing to fight at least 12 to occasionally as many as 20+ matches per day.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-15-2010, 11:01 AM
It depends on the time as well so this is why I use 30 min in general. If I was getting on average 5-10 min wait that be great.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Also I've done so many PvPs since beta that I'm just sick and tired of that same PvP. 300 days of the same PvP will make anybody go nuts.

When they do something to PvP improve it in some way add new types of maps etc. Then I won't mind to wait. As it is now new players can enjoy it more than I can.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Things I like about KvK matches:
1. generally more intense, because when I get into KvK I know some people from either team, and most of the time they're pretty good.
2. no big I's and little u's (generally speaking). Most of my pug matches were with people who know how to focus fire and support each other.
3. killing carriers! /salivate. Seriously feds, if you focus fire and they're not quick enough with supporting it, they go boom easier than cruisers.

Things I don't like about KvK matches:
1. I can't scream "nerf my opposition!" because my captain and his ship will also be the recipient of said nerf
2. I can't /target Hale and send a disruptor volley his way
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-15-2010, 01:38 PM
klingons what are those?
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Chris
It depends on the time as well so this is why I use 30 min in general. If I was getting on average 5-10 min wait that be great.
Well, just fought my tenth PvP of the day and the night is young
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-15-2010, 02:13 PM
It is amazing how KvK just works. Instead of flying over to the other spawn point, the teams meet in the middle, someone will decloak as bait (if there are no carriers or orion/gorn ships) and the fun begins. No spawn camping, no whining - more pewpew, less qq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
this can be summed up analogy by when me and a few other k's joined healberts team from the organizedpvp channel. we waited for ever to get feds.. and ended up havign 2 kvk matches is all in like 1 hour. several times we had the illusion of a game before it timed out cus all the feds didnt click accept.
That was an evening of horrible waiting. Sorry about that.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
That was an evening of horrible waiting. Sorry about that.
Was that yesterday? We (tsi) queued at one point but it wasn't us that was failing the queues. After about 3 failed attempts we had to move to the KT tournament.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-16-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
After several months of it being almost impossible to get enough folks queued for even one KvK PvP match, suddenly in the last few days I have been in almost a dozen KvK Cap & Holds.. and they were great... no, they were EPIC.

Really fun fights with cloaker ambushes and counter cloaker cloaker counter ambushes and carrier vs carrier battles and... and... and... DAMN...

This is great

MOAR PLS
IMO pugging KvK is generally higher quality of PvP gameplay as the opposition is often good / v good; will at least be competent - not something I would say about the typical Feddie pug team. And a random group of experienced Klinks can be a hard fight for any Klink premade. So agreed; MOAR KvK pls

Only downside is not experiencing the often ridiculous Feddie whines during / after the match *sigh*

Cheers,

Waff