Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
11-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
...well yes he said that. BUT he said that in the Abrams Movie, which makes it questionable if that was just another stupid plothole.
Nowhere in TOS or ST 1 - 6 had Prime Scotty anything to do with Transwarp Beaming.

The only referrence for that tech is in a TNG Episode where a Ferengi named Bok used it to get on the 1701-D and even then Data said something like that it was unreliable technology or unstable or something and therefore we never heard of it again.

That all just doesn't add up.
The Dominion also had transporter technology that could beam you from one location to another, from a distance of about three light years. Section 31's recreation of this technology for Bashir also showed that this could be even done onto a ship moving at warp speed. Plus Voyager has encountered a few species that used similar technology too. I'm sure Starfleet in the late 24th century after their return poured over their data logs with a fine toothcomb.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-15-2010, 09:36 AM
I didn't even get the message about it... B'Vat blew his ship up randomly, and my BO said "We have to blow up the comet without killing him and changing the timeline!" And then, pow!, back in the 25th century... and I didn't even have to do it again without killing him!
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-15-2010, 10:13 AM
I would have preferred a second slingshot to get back myself. The whole "By the way I put a Borg device on your ship last time you docked" thing was kind of a cop out.

Really? If I had this Borg device, why did I have to do the extremely dangerous slingshot maneuver in the first place? Drake, you're an *******.

Lt. Commander
# 24
11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I would have preferred a second slingshot to get back myself. The whole "By the way I put a Borg device on your ship last time you docked" thing was kind of a cop out.

Really? If I had this Borg device, why did I have to do the extremely dangerous slingshot maneuver in the first place? Drake, you're an *******.

I'm assuming it acts more like a recall transponder. The Borg device on your ship couldn't send you into the past, as there was nothing to lock onto there. However once back in the 23rd century, your ship could be pulled back into the future, because of the appropriate Borg temporal device Section 31 owns in the 25th century that enables them to lock onto it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

Exactly! If i had the Borg Flux Capacitor to begin with why slingshot around the sun to get there in the first place? I loved the fact you had to slingshot around the sun to get there and it would have been better to do that to get back to the future as well

I hate to say it but this was my least favorite of all the weekly missions so far...
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-15-2010, 11:18 AM
To be fair, the device used by Bok (the episode was called Bloodlines) was specifically referred to as a subspace transporter rather than transwarp beaming, though there's enough confusion about it to make it difficult to decide if it's the same thing or different technology.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
According to the books, all vessels have a cloaking device put there by Section 31 that captains and even chief engineers aren't made aware of unless it suits Section 31's purposes to tell them.
That's ridiculously ridiculous and bad writing. There's no way the likes of Geordi could miss it and no way nobody would notice..

It's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
Lt. Commander
# 28 reply
11-15-2010, 12:14 PM
some things are in ships databanks and are only available with certain command level codes issused by starfleet or the captain. examples is knowledge about and how to destroy omega particles,transphasic torpedoes., and how to replicate cloaking devices
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
That's ridiculously ridiculous and bad writing. There's no way the likes of Geordi could miss it and no way nobody would notice..

Gotta agree there. How many Voyager episodes would have gone differently had B'Elanna said, "why don't we use our super secret, treaty-violating cloaking device to get around them, Captain? It's not like there are any Romulans here to see us."
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax

Agreed... the whole story line for this last mission seemed pretty out of whack compared to what typically has been some really good writing. Part of me hopes that the real final episode will be released next week and this will be played off as a bad dream.

I can imagine it going like this..

me: "Oh wow, did I have a bad dream."

counselor: "Oh yeah, what was it?"

me: "First, I had to slingshot around a sun to go back in time. Then, for some reason I had to disguise the ship as a Klingon ship, yet I was in Federation territory. Then I was in this bar fight for some reason, and I saw Devidians there and, Montgomery Scott. For some reason I had to keep asking him what kind of drink this girl liked so she would give me a part he needed. It was crazy. After I got him his part, I had to fight more of the Devidians until I was back on my ship. Then there were Klingons who thought I was from the house of Duras for some reason and started attacking me the whole time I was trying to blow up this comet. Eventually I took care of it and then Franklin Drake of all people somehow contacted me, told me about some time travel device he secretly had installed and then zipped me back to the future."

counselor: "I think you need a vacation..." :p