Lt. Commander
# 1 Vintage Bridge Variants
11-15-2010, 10:01 AM
I stopped collecting everything in the C-Store awhile back but I did notice that a lot of the changes to make the 23rd century Drosana in the Devidian series were texture changes. Now, I'd imagine we'll see a pure TOS bridge pack before long...

... But looking at the recolors you have already done, I'd like modern bridges (say, like, the Galaxy) done up in the Drosana 23rd century color scheme with LCARS swapped out for 23rd century style monitors and buttons, maybe some red grating thrown in.

What does everybody think about a bridge pack of hybrid retextures, things like the Defiant and Galaxy bridge in TOS colors with TOS console displays and chairs.

I mean, I'd like to see a Connie bridge eventually but a 23rd century retro take on the Galaxy bridge almost excites me more.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2010, 10:10 AM
I don't see it happening, don't jump down my throat just yet I have a reason for this.

If it were a simple texture swap it wouldn't be too much of a problem. But what you're asking for isn't a texture swap. You're asking for a remodeling job, which takes considerably longer to develop properly. In the long run it would be cheaper and faster to just build a new bridge from scratch and release a "TOS Series/Movie Bridge Pack". At least we have at least three different versions of the classic connie bridge to put into a pack like that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2010, 10:48 AM
I was thinking of a recolor primarily, possibly just with a few modular props swapped out.

The colors and LCARS-to-TOS screens/buttons is just a texture swap though, and using textures that are mostly developed at that.