Lt. Commander
# 11
11-15-2010, 06:59 PM
If you don't like the Enterprise pack don't buy it, simple as that.... but if we see your toons wearing the Enterprise uniforms then you must stand in front of everyone and sing Enterprise's opening theme word for word :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredCasden
If you don't like the Enterprise pack don't buy it, simple as that.... but if we see your toons wearing the Enterprise uniforms then you must stand in front of everyone and sing Enterprise's opening theme word for word :p
bahahahaha!
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley1701 View Post
bahahahaha!
(a deep klingon belly laugh)

I am in agreement that ST: Enterpirse was poorly done from the start. The person who deserves the most blame for inconsistanies is Michael Okuda. Gene Rodenberry had him collect and compile infromation from the Original Series, and the Next Genreation so as to maintain continuity. That was part of the success of the francise. Him signing off on several of the stories that directly contradict what has come before (or after in this case) was a major foul on his part. If CBS/Paramount had told him to "stuff it, we're doing it our way", then the executives would be to blame. Plenty of balme to go around, but he gets the most.

Sorry for the tangent. I support clumping all the features from the "step child" series in one pack as I certainly would not purchace it piecemeal. I may find some useful, but I highly doubt I will use all of them.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxicat
You know what my first response to the OP is? F*** you. I loved Enterprise, it really didn't get a fair shake -- But content wise was every bit as good as TNG. I for one am jumping up and down to get the Enterprise stuff. So thanks Cryptic for the awesome Enterprise stuff, I'll be buying every bit of it for my toons.
That was pretty much my first impression towards the OP, too, but not quite that harsh. While I am not a huge fan of Enterprise, I do have to admit that it picked up quite a lot towards the end and I was actually sad to see it get canceled after the fourth season. I would have loved to have seen the Romulan War and actual founding of the Federation (and NOT the weak Holodeck simulation they had in the series finale...a big copout IMO).

Everyone has their favorite series, and for some it's Enterprise. It does not make sense to cater to those who like TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY and leave out ENT.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-16-2010, 10:18 AM
since we are getting the empire version uniforms, wonder if we get a ISS prefix or the hull pattern for the ships, would be very nice . One thing though, be great if we can make a 2 number registry :p

(yeah im a enterprise fan )
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-16-2010, 12:31 PM
I did not mean to leave out Enterprise, just that there were other things that could be done (like making adjustable ranks for the STII-VI uniforms) before focusing on an ENT pack.
Lt. Commander
# 17 Packs
11-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Naming the ship Enterprise told me the series was going to suck from the start. It did not help when a lot of the episodes with trying to fix the time line. Gene Roddenberry put the TNG show so far in the future of the TOS because he wanted a fresh start. As for the pack I will not buy it. Might get Star Trek T'pol cloths set if it get offered solo otherwise no.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I would have loved to have seen the Romulan War and actual founding of the Federation (and NOT the weak Holodeck simulation they had in the series finale...a big copout IMO).
^ This.

I think TOS had a better series finale...and they didn't even have one. Bringing back Riker and Troi (which, ok, sure, I like Riker) was a major foul. And killing Trip off, too. I still don't fully understand how that convinced Riker to tell Picard the truth about the Pegasus.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I am in agreement that ST: Enterpirse was poorly done from the start. The person who deserves the most blame for inconsistanies is Michael Okuda.
Well i would say Enterprise was bad planed but well executet. There was no reason for things like... well calling the Ship Enterprise... Voyager didnt suck because of the ships name.

And I would blame Scott Bakula for the low ratings.... i HATET almost every second of his prefomence and the way Archer was written (and I dont know why they focused the most storys on the worst character).

But beside that i enjoyed Enterprise as much as TNG or DS9, definitly more then Voyager.

And for the continuity.... that was eeven more carefuly watched then in other shows before.
I mean it seams like a rotten compromise to show Borg and Ferengie althogh we know the first contacts were much later and "excusing" that with just not naming them "Borg" or "Ferengie", but that gave us at last nice episodes.
And I ashure you for every canon failure of Ent i'll show you 2 in Voyager or Ds9.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-17-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well i would say Enterprise was bad planed but well executet. There was no reason for things like... well calling the Ship Enterprise... Voyager didnt suck because of the ships name.

And I would blame Scott Bakula for the low ratings.... i HATET almost every second of his prefomence and the way Archer was written (and I dont know why they focused the most storys on the worst character).

But beside that i enjoyed Enterprise as much as TNG or DS9, definitly more then Voyager.

And for the continuity.... that was eeven more carefuly watched then in other shows before.
I mean it seams like a rotten compromise to show Borg and Ferengie althogh we know the first contacts were much later and "excusing" that with just not naming them "Borg" or "Ferengie", but that gave us at last nice episodes.
And I ashure you for every canon failure of Ent i'll show you 2 in Voyager or Ds9.
I wouldn't blame the actor. He was doing the best he could with a character that the writers were trying to make a mishmash of Kirk, Picard, Sisko, and Janeway. Their wrting came off as schizophrenic, except that schizophrenics have more consistency. As far as the stories, the writers were often trying to rehash an older episode, and failed miserably.

Checking for continutiy was poor at best. That is part of why the ratings with the old guard Star Trek Fans crashed. Gene Rodenberry specifically set TNG 80 years later to avoid continuity issues. DS9 and TNG worked because they were produced and released simulatnously, and each episode aired was during the same timeframe. Voyager also worked because they were out of contact on the far side of the galaxy, and the Federation was never there (except for the brief period in "The Price") It is easier to write as story set after than try to do a prequel.