Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
The ability of skilled interested pvp players to have a dramatic impact on the fun level of sto for everyone else is astonishing. Allyou have to do, is seek out challenging pvp combat, attempt to interact with your team mates and learn coordination/practice teamwork. Just bring your game, even if it is backwards b-game to the battlefield. Put the nsoe to the grind stone. Do not flame troll or spam hate messages. Maybe one day kerrat can be left un spawn camped, and the pvp q can be used to bring joy to the masses. Join the OrganizedPVP channel find a team and q up. Or hey im always game for 1v1, make an impact
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2010, 11:24 AM
For STO vet like me and PvP player I would only ask for open PvP. What I mean is have some sector that is open pvp conquest with space and ground combat and you enter it at your own risk all levels all players.

PS. Personally on occasion I teach or help others how to PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2010, 11:37 AM
I would ask for dedicated team arenas and dedicated team arena launching points, as well as rewards for victory only.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
I bring myself as evidence that PvP play is not too daunting and anybody can get betetr through effort and learning. I will attempt to put this mindset in the thoughts of others I meet Fed or Klink.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I would ask for dedicated team arenas and dedicated team arena launching points, as well as rewards for victory only.
why dont u personally ensure that you go into a battle with a 5 man team, and do the harder task, ensure your enemy is such as well. the tools are there.. you are even the mod of the channel OrganizedPVP.
The reward is victory itself and honorable challenging combat.

frankly i thinkall arena pugs should be autoteamed on entry. but then to my original comment what are u gonna do today? time to do 1v1s, fly with random feds in challenge mish mosh match! maybe show mercy to thsoe who have wornged you, you have lots of options
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I bring myself as evidence that PvP play is not too daunting and anybody can get betetr through effort and learning. I will attempt to put this mindset in the thoughts of others I meet Fed or Klink.
go beyond that, seek out those likeminded folk in the areas the game allows. drazana station, kerrat, tjhe wholeeta eridanis sector. better yet join the OrganizedPVP chat channel in game and start finding a team, hunting for duels, or just talk tactics
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-15-2010, 01:37 PM
No today. But a couple days ago.

Bug's Basics of Ground PVP

And I try like hell not to spawn camp pugs. Nothing drives potential talent off like that move.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Today, I will improve STO by not playing. But have fun all
(Mother in Law's visiting)
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-15-2010, 08:24 PM
At first, I thought that you gave great advice there Joe.. Then I got to this line..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Join the OrganizedPVP channel
And at first I thought "Yeah that's a great Idea.." But then I remembered that it's no longer the Organized PVP Channel.. It's become something more of a Clubhouse.. And it's not one that is open to everyone. It's closed to anyone that the Mods there just don't like and disagree with. Weither it's on the forums, in game, or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
why dont u personally ensure that you go into a battle with a 5 man team, and do the harder task, ensure your enemy is such as well. the tools are there.. you are even the mod of the channel OrganizedPVP.
The reward is victory itself and honorable challenging combat.

frankly i thinkall arena pugs should be autoteamed on entry. but then to my original comment what are u gonna do today? time to do 1v1s, fly with random feds in challenge mish mosh match! maybe show mercy to thsoe who have wornged you, you have lots of options
Your asking the impossible of Faithborn from what I've witnessed lately.

Now I know the TSI fanatics and Faithborn supporters will come in here and tell me things like "Shut up" and "You don't know what your talking about" but in all honesty, I am sick of the complete and total stupidity he brings to the Organized PVP, and PVP in general. Congratulations, Faithborn, you came up with a Stickied post for healing that has helped many in the game become better at healing in a starship. And oh, congratulations, you even became a moderator of the Organized PVP Channel. How ever, you've become a complete jackass since then. You lately have been doing everything from Permamuting players just for quoting what 1 person says in Organized PVP, to thinking your the voice of all PVPers in the game!

Your no better then anyone else. Not me. Not Emojoe. Not Star*Dagger. Your a player like all of us. So I think you need to get off your highhorse and maybe, JUST MAYBE, help the new generation of PVPers out by showing them what TO do and not what you've been showing lately.

Sorry Emojoe, I appologize for the text above, I hope PVPers of the future can be guided, and not destroyed, by the PVP comunity. I will try my best to help in anyway I can. Weither it's through words of wisdom, or through challanges both win and lose in PVP matches.

There's a line that a WWE wrestler likes to use quite frenquently, and I think it holds true in PVP..

"If you want some, Come get some!"

Don't go crying just because you died in an Open zone for PVP. Don't complain that you got blown up in your cruiser during an Arena match. Learn. Keep coming back. Don't restrict your self to 1 style of play. Try them all. And last, but not least, your not invincible, your not indestructable. Just because you do well against 1 opponent, don't be surprised when some one different shows up and destroys you.

Jilleth/Teapower/Web/Gearhead
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Cool Story bro, Organizedpvp channel is open to everyone. If you want to hate on the organizedpvp channel (or me) then try to do it in the designated "opvp" thread that got stickied.