Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin_Balam

And I try like hell not to spawn camp pugs. Nothing drives potential talent off like that move.
This.

The past few days I've been running a healer in PUGs. On the Fed side I try and pick out an escort to focus on, especially if they seem sharp about picking the right targets. On the KDF side I use HE to pop BoPs out of cloak to demonstrate that they really aren't OP :p

(That really needs to be fixed. The design of those ships makes them horrible members of any team, through no fault of the pilots.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedryk_
I personally improve STO every day through the use of entertainingly appropriate keywords:
A**clown
F***face
C***gobbler
B****y
***dumpster
etc

Other things to do:

1. Talk smack -- its fun
2. Never say GG because usually its not... keep it real: tell them they suck
3. Don't just kill the enemy, humiliate them. They need a wake up call, and if you've ever been beat badly, this is a good way to take it out on noobs.
4. Taunt the enemy. Phychological warfare is the neverending battleground.
5. Remind anyone that opposes you that they are wrong. Because they are.
6. Stay tight with your own group. It's you (your group) against the universe. Have fun with it.

Come to our vent for a demonstration.
LOL this is awesome and the most useful information in the thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
11-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
I would direct ctryptic to read all of my past posts and recognize my Trek prowess, then listen to my advice and hire me. Thats how I would improve STO today...
here here! good luck in yer aspirations friend! remember the little people
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-16-2010, 01:32 PM
today i think im gonna improve pvp by doing some pve cus lately in the brel bop i feel itsfor the best constant shtout 1v1 losses and near instant death in arenas leave much to be desired. but icant stop, 1v1 anyone!? i dont care if ur in the uber cruiser or carrier im betting 1 in 15 kill match ill uber crit one shot you and then spam post that top crit in zone for an hour

ahhh. but really 60 degrees is nice. improve pvp by bringing life to the game through being a part of it. most of the psters in this thread are legendary contributors, fleet leaders, master pvpers and genuinely helpful people. we need more people like... us !! (you) go team sto pwnzr boredom
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25 how would improve STO?
11-16-2010, 07:34 PM
-FIX the PVP imbalance that currently exists (no nerfs just balance it out)
-Kerrat will have the spawn of both races on two sides of the map instead of spawning on the same side
-Introduce indestructible NPCs with a lot of damage output in Kerrat to protect either side from spawn campers
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
11-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Teapowers post is exactly on the money. While there is little the players can do in terms of actual content, the actual experience between the players can be changed. I know the issue for my fleet comes down to the core link all the top fleets have among one another - the Organized PVP channel. Unfortunately it has a few problems (putting it nicely):


Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
and thats why there are only 3 people muted on that channel, and before friday there was only one person muted. But I will not discuss moderation any further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
Everyone who has been muted on OPVP was was muted for a very good reason.

Well... that's just simply not true. I was banned (one of the three mentioned, though MANY of my fleet members have been banned multiple times) for taking personal insults from 5 friends of faithborns (who were not muted) for giving my opinion about the Bird of Prey in relation to having a tactical bridge officer. Five minutes later, after a PM conversation (where he accused me of things I never said) Faithborn brought me up again in OPVP, tried to rally people against me (and failed hard), and then banned me when I told him, respectfully,I dont appreciate people posting stuff about me in open channel OPVP - which has been a real issue in the past and continues to be. I was then told to go make my channel if I didnt like the way HE runs OPVP.

Dont believe me? I don't blame you, but read it yourself:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7559/opvpmute.jpg

The fact is, this kind of behaviour is unacceptable in what is supposed to be a public channel promoted by cryptic with a sticky here on the forums. It is run like a high school club where those who are "in" can do whatever they want, but those who are not are censored and muted. Im not going to say I dont say stuff back sometimes, or that I like faithborn (I dont). However, Im not the one who is supposed to be unbiased and run the channel in a professional manner....

Apparently it's okay to take personal insults at someone (I took many about my gameplay just before the above chat, which I found hilarious). Apparently its okay to have one fleet openly insult another. But the second you have a strong opinion about an in game element that the moderator and his friends disagree with, you're wrong and should expect to get flamed and muted. No "hot heads" allowed!

The fact is this channel is a joke and is detrimental to the PVP community. It splits the 6 or 7 pvp fleets that are left (and thats a high estimate) into heated states. Two of the three Klingon fleets have all their members either banned or unsubscribed from this waste of space. The channel is hypocritical in that it moderates on a case by case basis, and the discipline being based on how much you are personally liked. Oh, and the intended purpose of the channel (organizing pvp) rarely happens.

The channel, and all of its problems, is based around a few individuals, one of which cannot control his emotions when everything doesnt go exactly his way. Kill's post sums it up perfectly.

So how can you personally improve STO PVP? Either change how this channel is managed or have everyone unsubscribe from it. Right now due to one person's personal vendetta, a large portion of the small pvp community we have is isolated from the rest - it's ironic as this individual keeps instructing others on "PR" yet has very little skills of his own.

So overall, in my opinion, the core problems within the community lies in this channel.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
11-16-2010, 10:03 PM
the organizedpvp channel is rarely used for its intended purposes yes, but that doesnt mean it cant ever be. people have came and went and came back again who have modded the channel. People make use of it as they see fit and no one is given special priveleges who didnt "earn" them by makign a big issue of trying to keep the channel going in the games darkest days. No one is beyond rebuke or impervious to making a mistake. At the end of the day the channel was in fact created by a player who then granted mod access to several other people (me included) then some of those mods attained operator/owner status after consultign the devs about the lack of ability to properly mod the channel. The point is, those people DID something, to try to help encourage/enable pvp. I think that incident was bogus and my comments always held to that fact, to post about it here is not only bad taste and also off topic. hope your issues can be resolved friend and good day <S>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
11-17-2010, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
So overall, in my opinion, the core problems within the community lies in this channel.
You're cutting out a lot of information.

Basically what you said before that, was that the Klingon BOP players were flying a really useless ship and their builds sucked.

In anycase, we don't mute fleets, we mute players. There are even members from Razor fleet that are active and welcome in the Organized PVP channel simply because they can get along with everyone else.

Organized PVP now does more than just organize pvp matches. Nowadays it bridges fleets and allows the larger pvp community to communicate with each other as a whole. I can honestly say, PVP is a lot funner now since I joined the Organized PVP channel.

And I can attest that all the fleets in the Organized PVP channel are not at heated states, as a matter of fact this channel has even helped to ease relationships in between fleets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
11-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
You're cutting out a lot of information.

Basically what you said before that, was that the Klingon BOP players were flying a really useless ship and their builds sucked.
That was not said at all!

Beagles stated that a bop without a tac BO would be doing about 50% less damage than one with.

God only knows how you got all that from what he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
Organized PVP now does more than just organize pvp matches. Nowadays it bridges fleets and allows the larger pvp community to communicate with each other as a whole. I can honestly say, PVP is a lot funner now since I joined the Organized PVP channel.

And I can attest that all the fleets in the Organized PVP channel are not at heated states, as a matter of fact this channel has even helped to ease relationships in between fleets.
This has not been my experience of the the channel, I unsubbed to that channel the night all this happened as I was sick of the one sided bickering and anger shown towards members of our fleet, seemingly for no reason. This isn't the first time this has happened, and I suspect it wouldn't of been the last if we hadn't all left or been muted/banned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
11-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I bring myself as evidence that PvP play is not too daunting and anybody can get betetr through effort and learning. I will attempt to put this mindset in the thoughts of others I meet Fed or Klink.
LOL I gladly join the ranks with ya, when I started this game I horribly sucked at the pvp in this game, I did some research and learned about the mechanics used in this game and tada my game has drastically improved. Promise that the mindset of people I went against when I irst started was "target @couladin he is an easy kill" to now being "target @couladin he is killing us!"

BTW you spacers for the most part will have no clue who I am since I am 1 of those gluttons for punishment that only does ground pvp =)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 PM.