Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Holodecks
11-14-2010, 06:10 PM
I feel comfortable enough with the STO forum community to post this.

STO needs holodecks and holodeck paradoxes. I am hoping and expecting that the ability to make holodeck and holodeck paradox missions will be available in UGC.

holodecks and holodeck paradoxes are 50% of what makes Star Trek cool to me IMO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
11-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbu_STO
I feel comfortable enough with the STO forum community to post this.

STO needs holodecks and holodeck paradoxes. I am hoping and expecting that the ability to make holodeck and holodeck paradox missions will be available in UGC.

holodecks and holodeck paradoxes are 50% of what makes Star Trek cool to me IMO.
The Holodeck is basically the UGC Foundry they just called it a different name.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reon View Post
The Holodeck is basically the UGC Foundry they just called it a different name.
but if all Foundry missions take place in the Holodeck, you cannot have missions where you have to figure out a paradox whether or not you're in a Holodeck or in reality.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbu_STO
but if all Foundry missions take place in the Holodeck, you cannot have missions where you have to figure out a paradox whether or not you're in a Holodeck or in reality.
You could just have missions like that episode of Voyager when they couldn't tell that they were all dreaming or not and Janeway walked out of engineering after a warp core breach.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
11-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reon View Post
The Holodeck is basically the UGC Foundry they just called it a different name.
No, no it isn't.

Foundry missions show up in the game world (and the devs ahve said they've opened up places like ESD and Qo'nos to have NPC questgivers - adding to the feeling that these go on in the game-world.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
11-15-2010, 01:40 PM
still could add some awsomeness to the game!!!! imagin activating a wide virarity of holoprograms??? traning programs and even historicol misson programs!!!! think it would be FRICKEN AWSOME if they add that to the engineering or crew deck!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:56 AM.