Lt. Commander
# 1 Federation NEEDS Battle Cloak
11-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Lets even the odds, the Defiant has been SEEN in DS9 cloaking in mid battle, the same as a BOP when the Federation withdrew from DS9. Stop giving the Klingons everything and if you are going to be correct about it, the Retrofit Defiant and the Galaxy X should both have a battle cloak. So what's the problem with that, the Klingons have it and it increases their attack power by an insane amount. They like to cloak mid battle and run away so they can heal up and come back.

Why the hell can't we?

It maybe fun for BOP to decloak and take out a whole cruiser shield facing a one attack but it is not fun for the rest of us. So how about we even the odds... or would that upset the Klinks. After all, fairness is everything right?

And before anyone says BOP's can't do that, YES they can, my entire starboard shield facing totally collapsed during one attack with a Klingon BOP, I have type XI Covarient Cap X 3 shields. So don't tell me that decloak buff isn't overpowered.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Don't forget to mention carriers while you're at it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-16-2010, 10:29 AM
There's no reason the Defiant can't have it. It's already a kind of sucky ship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Don't forget to mention carriers while you're at it.
Nah, Carriers are alright, I don't actually think there that back because they have drawbacks. Battle cloak and BOP's don't seem to have many set backs at all because you can't just swat them out of the sky.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Just because you cant handle a BoP does not mean the rest of the galaxy can't.

Feds should not be having cloaks at all, period, even the Dreadnaught and Defiant Retro cloaks are too much IMO and were only put in there because whiners were very vocal about having a cloak.

If you want a battlecloak so bad then go play Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Here we go again.... I see this one getting locked soon...
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
There's no reason the Defiant can't have it. It's already a kind of sucky ship.
Ah but the Defiant can battle cloak, DS9 Season 5 - A call to Arms, it cloaks with Martoks Bird of Pray while evading the Dominion fleet when they leave DS9. It would allow the Defiant to stand toe to toe with the Bird of Pray and allow PVP to be much more balanced. I can see all the Klingons complain when their Negh'var's shields go down in one swooping attack.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Defiant = Raptor. If the Defiant gets battle cloak, then the Raptor gets it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-16-2010, 10:34 AM
I think you misread me. I said there's no reason the Defiant CAN'T have it. As in I have no objections.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-16-2010, 10:34 AM
This is one of those shocking moments where I actually agree with DC. While I was against Fed cloaks to begin with now that we do have it the Defiant's should be a Battle Cloak it might make that somewhat lackluster ship better.
Closed Thread