Lt. Commander
# 21
11-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Interesting idea, I'd take a more humorous approach to it maybe. Or am I the only one who thought of the M.A.S.H episode whene reading this where Radar mailed a Jeep in parts to his mom
LOL ... yeah, that's right where my mind went the moment I read the story idea. The "no bad guy" concept I put in my last post was inspired by that episode. I was just trying to find a way to take that and twist around to make it more "dramatic".
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Sure I believe that angles got plenty of Trek Merit . As humorous a big part you take a turn from Radar to Johnny Cash "One Piece at a Time" a touch of "Q"s mischief and before you know it some fine rich Ferringhi traders got their little tot a NX- Excel - ?
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Somebody has been listening to Johnny Cash
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan67
Somebody has been listening to Johnny Cash
Yup ... got my starship One Piece At A Time.
Lt. Commander
# 28 Klinger
11-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
Somebody at StarFleet HQ is stealing ships! One component at a time, they collect the parts needed till they have a complete ship then they sell it, and it is up to YOU to stop them! Investigat the reports of missing parts, interview SF personell, discover the guilty party and confront them, after they excape the ground engagment chase them through space to their hidden base and destroy it, along with the stolen ships that are protecting the base.

Sounds like a good story to me, somebody else should develope it cause I wont deal with the public disparagment involved in the creation process here.
Ok...

This seriously reminds me of Klinger and the Jeep in the old MASH series.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Stealing Federation tech seems right up the alley of the mirror universe Terrans. (I reject the notion that they could've actually developed all the exact same ships in use by Starfleet based on the blueprints of the Defiant alone.) Your thieves might be mirror agents, prime universe sympathizers (Maquis-esque types, helping their previously oppressed doubles to never be oppressed again) or victims of blackmail like Sisko was. And they wouldn't have to steal quite so many actual components. Nothing as basic as conduits or plating anyway.

So you're put in contact with a Federation shipyard administrator by Starfleet Intelligence. He's become aware someone's been breaking into the shipyard computers, but can't trust his own security staff to investigate. You do some running around a space-station type map, doing a bit of non-combat investigating, until you figure out who it is. Whatsisface makes a run for it and locks him or herself in a storage bay, giving you a few doors to shoot down, with maybe some turrets in between, and you can get there just in time to watch your suspect beam out.

You do too and pursue the runabout he's escaping on. Lets say he flies into the local starship graveyard. Now you have to go around scanning derelicts looking for the shuttle. Here I'd go with two options, if the system allows for it. One, you locate the shuttle and beam to the ship it's on, fighting the spy and his colleagues that have been hiding out on there, or Two, you take too long identifying the right ship. The moment you hit space, these derelicts all start powering up (like ships in the destroy-a-shipyard missions); Guess someone took their prefix codes. Now these are old ships, and no match for you in a conventional fight, but they'll be programmed to try and ram you. Only one of them won't, which'd be the one your badguy is on. Blow that one up and you're done. (The other derelicts wouldn't have anyone controlling them anymore.)