Lt. Commander
# 31
11-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMNova
UPDATE:
Due to an unexpected delay, maintenance will be extended for another 40 minutes.
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
-The Star Trek Online team.
np. better to do it right than do it quicker imo.

thanks for the update.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
UPDATE:
Due to an unexpected delay, maintenance will be extended for another 40 minutes.
Thanks for the update
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
From what I've seen since coming back about a month ago, the patch times always run at least an hour over scheduled. Someone needs to explain the rules of Engineering to Cryptic, namely: Always say it will take longer than you think it will, that way when you get done early everyone thinks you are a miracle worker.

Works better than saying it will take less time than it will and running past your self-imposed deadline.
Odd - since I joined the game a couple of months ago, this is only the second time they've run behind on their scheduled maintenance time (and it is only by a few minutes on this occasion). Every other time that I've been waiting near the end of a maintenance period they've been done early.

My client is patching now, so hopefully that is a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Yup thanks for the update.

But see, if you guys followed the engineer's rules and gave yourself an extra hour, in 40 minutes everyone would be saying "Wow, it's back up 20 minutes early, good job guys!" instead of posting that it will be 40 minutes late.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-17-2010, 07:17 AM
Quote:
UPDATE:
Many thanks.

To paraphrase someone above:

Take your time and do it right, rather than do it sloppily and have it done in a short amount of time.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-17-2010, 07:17 AM
Quote:
UPDATE:
Adding to UTC 1:00, that would make that the 40 extra minutes would have ended 20 minutes ago, right?

btw: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

Will help with the next update
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-17-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saii View Post
Adding to UTC 1:00, that would make that the 40 extra minutes would have ended 20 minutes ago, right?

btw: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

Will help with the next update
Sadly I think the best way to figure out when the PDT comes around is either to memorize it and do the mental math, or ask someone who lives in the America's. Cryptic has a little problem with UTC, hehe
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
Sadly I think the best way to figure out when the PDT comes around is either to memorize it and do the mental math, or ask someone who lives in the America's. Cryptic has a little problem with UTC, hehe
I've noticed that myself. As a pilot, I'm used to thinking in zulu time, and when I saw the times posted I was like... "What the heck, is my math off?".

To be fair though, the times they posted would have been right a couple weeks ago, before the silly daylight savings time change. I really wish we would stop doing that. As much as I like "gaining" an hour in the fall, I hate "losing" one in the spring.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-17-2010, 07:22 AM
did somebody trip over a wire?
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
I've noticed that myself. As a pilot, I'm used to thinking in zulu time, and when I saw the times posted I was like... "What the heck, is my math off?".
Off-Topic post: Air Force?