Lt. Commander
I have to say, I am not happy with how my bridge officers use items.

From my point of view, it seems as thought they will periodically check to use a random item, with checks mostly happening during combat.

It seems to me that no check is made at all to determine if an item will have any useful effect before use.

Prime offenses:

Renewing tribble use every few minutes for a tribble with a 60 minute effect on it.

Fire extinguishers. Just save yourself the hassle and don't give them one. They will run through a fire to use one on an enemy.

Food use seems to be random.

injectors at least have some useful effect whenever used in combat, so I can't tell if they are being used effectively, but I am betting not. Same with any other combat-use consumables.

Can we please save ourselves the agrivation of bridge officers that are stupid and have a setting for no item use at all, and if this is selected we would instead get the ability to hotbar our boff's device trays?

I would also dig it if the device tray showed up to the right of the boff's skills in the "party" menu; upper left of the screen.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Man, tough crowd.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-19-2010, 02:00 AM
I think the answers, or at least the discussion is under the Bridge Officer forum.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Justa_Bri ... I also hate the way they seem to burn through hypos and shield generators like they were going out of style. And I can't say I've seen much difference in performance for when they do or don't have these items in their personal inventories. I'm guessing that if their HP are down any at all when they make their periodic checks they use them. Which is a problem if my boffs are pumping through hypos when they're at 95% health.

As for the tribble petting. That I don't mind because there's a nice animation to it and it gives me something to watch... plus it makes them look like they just enjoy having their little pets with them.

BTW - Always want to ask where you came up with that avatar.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Tripped over it on the internet somewhere. Can't remember where.