Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-16-2010, 08:50 PM
I'll demonstrate


1) Your character class
Tac


2) Your skill set up
Heavy in the system power increasing abilities , specced for assault cruiser, AP and quantum weapons, along with a few points put into emitters


3) The class and skills of the BOs you actually use
BO1, Tac Team1, HYT 2, Eng Team 1-2, EPS1, RSP1, Aceton field (4th level ability), Structural integrity field 1-2, and hazard emitters and polarize hull

4) Your ship class
Assault cruiser. Sexy sexy sovvy

5) What equiptment your ship uses
6X Ap Beam arrays, 2X Quantum torp all MK11
MKX Covariant shield cap 2
Combat Impulse engines MK X 2Xturn full
3X nuetronium armor + RCS accelerator
3X AP weapon improvement stuff
2X hazard emitter improvement stuff

6) Your typical strategy in PvP
Shoot at escorts till they DIE!!!!


Not so hard
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-16-2010, 08:55 PM
TR Go on over to the carrier forum and you will see 90% of the builds carriers use. Start there...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
11-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
He has 2 college degrees and can't form complete sentences and use puntuation? Puplic school at its finest.


TR, your gonna get banned if you keep spamming the forum like this.


As an aside, Hey StarfleetCommander, nice to see ya on the forums. Don't see ya much in-game, school and all that.
Hey Cavillier210! long time no talk, same here! Good to see you around too. Starting college next month so I wont be as often either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-16-2010, 09:01 PM
its wrong that the klingons out number everyone 10 to 1 everytime in pvp when a sci klingon use's a carrier not to mention i lost 95 matches to yhe dang klingon carriers i have done everything humanly possible and still i cant make a dent in a carrier cause he is being kept alive i did everything i could like you all say but its not working at all
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
11-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR71777 View Post
its wrong that the klingons out number everyone 10 to 1 everytime in pvp when a sci klingon use's a carrier not to mention i lost 95 matches to yhe dang klingon carriers i have done everything humanly possible and still i cant make a dent in a carrier cause he is being kept alive i did everything i could like you all say but its not working at all
So if anyone else can confirm that they are able to beat carriers, than that would mean what? That they are hacking the game? Or perhaps that they simply know something you dont? Because if it were really as impossible as you say, then NO ONE would be able to beat them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
11-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR71777 View Post
its wrong that the klingons out number everyone 10 to 1 everytime in pvp when a sci klingon use's a carrier not to mention i lost 95 matches to yhe dang klingon carriers i have done everything humanly possible and still i cant make a dent in a carrier cause he is being kept alive i did everything i could like you all say but its not working at all
I was not going to comment in this thread to avoid lowering myself to the level of stupidity required to engage in this argument, but you amaze me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
11-16-2010, 09:09 PM
PvP is PvP......I have days when I seem to hit everything right and smoke feds or klinks, then there are days when I just can't seem to get a break. I killed my share of carrier one-on-one and personally having a fed carrier JUST to "counter" the fact that klinks have a carrier is nonsense. You think an all fed cruiser fight takes forever, what about an all carrier fight? Klinks can keep the carrier, personally they need all the content they can get their hands on. If feds do get carriers, I'll just bust your ship up just the same. PvP isn't suppose to be any balanced walk in the park anyway, some people just have better builds and skills qued up than you do sometimes, you just have to go in there and shoot some reds up even when all of your skills are still cooling down. You are on a team, at least act like it.

high school drama, i swear it never fails.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
11-16-2010, 09:18 PM
will everyone please kindly stop quoting the OP, i have him on ignore for a reason
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
11-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR71777 View Post
its wrong that the klingons out number everyone 10 to 1 everytime in pvp when a sci klingon use's a carrier not to mention i lost 95 matches to yhe dang klingon carriers i have done everything humanly possible and still i cant make a dent in a carrier cause he is being kept alive i did everything i could like you all say but its not working at all
Stormshade:

Quote:
For every advantage the Klingon Player has, the Federation Player has a counter available to them.

Battle cloak?

No problem. Science Officers have many innate abilities meant to help detect, or even force Klingons out of cloak, such as sensor scan.

Tachyon Detection Grid can help your entire team detect cloaked vessels.

Plus, simply running higher AUX setting will help anyone to detect a cloaked vessel.

Mines, and other AOE abilities such as Torpedo Spread, CPB, EWP, and others will hit a cloaked vessel and do some damage to them without even being able to target them.

Carriers?

As has been mentioned many times, Beam Array: Fire at Will, Cannon: Scatter Volley, Eject Warp Plasma, and others are all great abilities to limit a carriers effectiveness.

Klingons are far away from being the unstoppable powerhouse that many of you seem to think they are. I know this because I play a Klingon, and I can tell you I lose more matches than I win.

If you're having trouble facing off against Klingons, try asking a Klingon how to beat them. Almost every single one of them will tell you what your team needs to do in order to counter anything they do. However, PvP is a team based game.

If you actually expect to run into a PvP match, not work with your teammates, and still be able to faceroll your keyboard for the win, it's time to wake up and smell the disruptor burns.

It's almost always going to be the better organized team that wins. Space combat in STO is a very tactical game. It requires strategy, skill, and a knowledge of how different skills interact.

Focus your teams fire on one opponent. If that one opponent isn't going down, figure out why, and eliminate the problem.

If your team doesn't have someone providing support to the rest of the team, why not?

If you're a team of 5 escorts and can't take down a couple of carriers, there's a problem, and I bet you're not focusing your firepower.

If you're a team of 5 Cruisers and can't keep your team alive, maybe one or two of you needs to be doing some support?

5 Science vessels? You guys better be rocking some serious debuffs, as well as supporting each other if you want to win.

Got 5 BoPs together in a match? If you're not focus firing and using hit and run tactics, my bet is on the Feds.

Every power in this game has a counter. Almost everyone in the PvP Community wants to help you learn how to succeed in PvP. That means they'll tell you their tips and tricks, including what works to stop what they do. Try listening to what they have to say, and take their position into account. Don't just assume that since the other team has battle cloak that this one ability is why you keep losing.

I'm telling you right now, cloak, and battle cloak have their uses. But if your entire team isn't working together, and know how to use that ability, it becomes a hindrance, not an advantage.

Same thing with the carrier swarm.

Both of these can also be easily countered by readily available skills as well.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Quote:
I'm not trying to come down on anyone, and I apologize if it seems like it. I am trying to figure out why it is that some people believe that PvP is so one sided when most others are saying it's not.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCelestalis
Yes, but you cannot trust other people, they don't do their jobs properly.
What you're saying is that you're losing matches because the teams you're on aren't working together. That's not a balance issue with the game. That's a teamwork problem that your team needs to resolve. It has nothing to do with Klingons having cloak or carriers. It has to do with your team not working well together.

If that's the case, then perhaps you should consider getting involved in a fleet, or finding a regular group of people whom you can trust to PvP with. Nerfing the Klingons because your team isn't working well together won't actually change the outcome in this case.

The Klingons will still win if they're organized and working well and your team is not organized, and working with each other, even if they don't use cloaks and carriers.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Hooray Enlightenment!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
11-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Anyone bother to tell the OP that he doesn't HAVE TO engage the carrier?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 PM.