Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryo Grenades
11-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me how to get these things? I thought I had to keep going to Defera, beaming down to talk to the Ferengi in the middle of the map, and get lucky, but I've been trying for 5 days to beam down every hour with 3 different characters and no dice.

(Actually, one of them, he refuses to sell anything to saying he doesn't have any stock right now, what's up with that?)

Everyone else gets the snow tubers every time. Any ideas?

To devs if they read this: Incidentally I don't suppose we could just get the durn things from a non-random vendor in exchange for some GPL? You know, to have an actual use for GPL?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2010, 01:50 AM
he is supposed to sell you cryo grenades only if you do not have any left on your character.

however i spent 56 attempts lately with no deuce either before giving up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2010, 02:50 AM
Sigh, that's what I thought too, but yeah I can't seem to get any no matter how often I go
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-17-2010, 02:56 AM
Never seen them for sale... not once
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me how to get these things? I thought I had to keep going to Defera, beaming down to talk to the Ferengi in the middle of the map, and get lucky, but I've been trying for 5 days to beam down every hour with 3 different characters and no dice.

(Actually, one of them, he refuses to sell anything to saying he doesn't have any stock right now, what's up with that?)

Everyone else gets the snow tubers every time. Any ideas?

To devs if they read this: Incidentally I don't suppose we could just get the durn things from a non-random vendor in exchange for some GPL? You know, to have an actual use for GPL?

The Devs have stated at the top of every hour, there is a small chance that the Ferengi on Defera will sell Cryo grenades for that hour, to characters who no longer have any.
I've been watching for them and haven't seen any for sale. I'd read someone estimates it at a 5% chance ( don't know where the number came from.)

Dev Post:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...5&postcount=14
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-17-2010, 08:53 AM
I refuse to believe they are ever sold...
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Yes, an official dev statement to this point would be very nice.
I don't believe this is a 5 % chance, because absolutely nobody has ever written, that he got grenades from this ferengi.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-17-2010, 03:12 PM
same here, many many visits, no grenades. can't we just get a vendor for these? you can't have but 20 at a time anyway. Why all the run around for a "chance" to get them. Devs just give us a vendor already, why are you making this so tedious? Bad Devs..no supper for you!!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm inclined to agree, just sell cryo grenades for GPL from the shady vendors, and leave this ferengi with a random (yet much higher than current ) chance of offering them each hour for credits.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-19-2010, 01:44 AM
well if it really would be a flat 5% chance I must have had a streak of bad luck, since the chance of not getting a win in 56 attempts on a 5% chance is something like 6%.

Assuming that the deferi vendor is not bugged a 5% chance is not something that would make me wait for the chance to restock them.
In my book the limit is somewhere at 10 attempts. 10 attempts at 5% equals 60% (no go) to 40% (yay). I'd like to target more like 10% to 90% at 10 attempts.
Lets increase the chance from 5% to 10% for a change. That would increase the odds to 35% (no go9 to 65% (yay) at ten attempts. Better but still not good enough.
15% perhaps? 20% to 80% at ten attempts, we're getting there. At a 20% chance for restock we get a 11% to 89% chance at 10 attempts, with good odds at 5 attempts as well (33% to 67%).

Quite frankly, if the chance for restock is 10% or less they shouldn't bothered to add it at all. Even at 15% I would think twice if I really need a replacement stack of them again.

All assuming that the vendor isn't bugged though :p