Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Heyall you fun seeking gamers out there, willing to engage a real human counterpart in your quest for entertainment. I post this thread for a friendly positive comments only for an end to the flames and angers. In the ultimate purpose of bringing higher quality pvp combat to more people, it is in the best interests of our collective goals to get along. Not just say GG and refrain from insulting/flaming. The reality of modern life is people have become caustic disrepectful and overly agitated, even in simple conversation. Here, in a game, in a text chat channel, some of us might have let our wits go and made some unkind remarks. Even if we were correct in said remarks, or they werent intentionally offensive only recieved that way, the best solution is to let it go. It doesnt matter. It doesnt matter what happened in an arena game 2 months ago, what player x said in chat last week, or that you dont like player y. In the interest of total victory over boredom, we should all relax and make nice. So ill say it

to RZR fleet OrganizedPVP channel loves you guys, even tho u camp kerrat and make feds sad, we still want you to come in the channel, make nice talk, and get games on if youre interested

To Kharn beagles: I too witnessed your altercation and as usual thought no big deal, do come back to the channel and be liberal with tour opinions and commentaries. we all welcome input from a wise and experienced player, regardless the faction, fleet, or personal relation to ANY mod of said channel

To faithborn: please see the benefits in my suggestions and consider a fresh look at a total unban (its onyl 3 people anyway, whats the big deal) and prehaps recusing yourself from judgement in this matter. no offense, i dont think you have acted excessively wrong or are beyond redemption, we can all solve whatever problems there are, have been, or will develop.

To all the members of the organizdpvp channel, thanks for joining! sorry you must bear witness to my inane comments and poor spelling/grammar and constant requests for duels. hopefully being in the channel has gained you soem joy in the game. anyone!

let us all post our experiences and positive comments ideas, we can alll be civil after all can we not.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2010, 01:48 PM
It's 3 people. One of which has sworn to see me banned and take control of the organizedpvp channel. One of which I didn't mute.

I have no care as to what personal philosphy people prefer, but when they start antagonizing members of the channel/ trolling/ flaming/ whatever, they get muted. Later they get unmuted and if they do it again they get remuted.

I ask them politely to stop, and if they don't I mute them. There is no hidden bias against opinions or beliefs. People just make mountains out of molehills.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2010, 03:07 PM
what if you held a vote. ie: for a fresh start in the channel let those who may not be named be acquitted of their heinous deeds

would you be open to unmuting them if their was unanomous support from the channel?
Lt. Commander
# 4 OPvP is a joke!
11-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
It's 3 people. One of which has sworn to see me banned and take control of the organizedpvp channel. One of which I didn't mute.

I have no care as to what personal philosphy people prefer, but when they start antagonizing members of the channel/ trolling/ flaming/ whatever, they get muted. Later they get unmuted and if they do it again they get remuted.

I ask them politely to stop, and if they don't I mute them. There is no hidden bias against opinions or beliefs. People just make mountains out of molehills.

No Joke, if you can mute people at will for any reason then the mods of this channel are abusing there powers. Silencing people because you dislike them is a nail in the coffin there should have been a mod left in charge with some moral and none biases values. Muting someone because you do not like them is a misguided use of powers. This is the result of giving power to a otherwise powerless person.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Mini, your hippy liberalism is cute, but this is the PvP community. Grudges and scores should be settled in battle - 1v1 it out, and the loser shuts up. Might = Right, etc.

If somebody insults a gentleman, one should call him out and demand satisfaction. Real men settle their differences with pistols at dawn.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Oh I don't think this is going to end well.....
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:

I`m sorry but this reeks of a made up story , kinda like when you said Beagles insulted you & all others in the OPVP channel.
I know i wont return to said channel untill you are removed as admin & some one that is not fed bias is in charge.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
It's 3 people
I think its just one person who is the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlemore
Mini, your hippy liberalism is cute, but this is the PvP community. Grudges and scores should be settled in battle - 1v1 it out, and the loser shuts up. Might = Right, etc.

If somebody insults a gentleman, one should call him out and demand satisfaction. Real men settle their differences with pistols at dawn.
Middlemore, I agree. Minimax, I agree with your original post too.

Guess what I am trying to say is imo there can be no winner, no resolution. Other then let's just let it go and go back to killing each other in game, like the bloodthirsty Feds / Klinks that we are. Having somehow gotten myself involved in a flame war fairly recently I am speaking from experience.

This is a game after all. And yes we all have fun in this game by killing each other. Repeatedly. AND the PvP forums are frequented by some of the pickiest, most obstreperous mf'ers around. Myself included I guess. No one is gonna back down. No one is gonna freely admit they were wrong. Not really. And guess what.... it matters not at all. Imo for most of us our minds were made up before the first post hit the forums. I don't know who started it. Who cares? Just shake hands, and come out fighting.... in game.

Less QQ, MOAR PHASORZ!!

Waff
Lt. Commander
# 10 Yep
11-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
I think its just one person who is the problem.
Thats how I see it too and many will agree the channle is usless until it is under better no baise supervision.
Closed Thread