Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffadeuce View Post
Middlemore, I agree. Minimax, I agree with your original post too.

Guess what I am trying to say is imo there can be no winner, no resolution. Other then let's just let it go and go back to killing each other in game, like the bloodthirsty Feds / Klinks that we are. Having somehow gotten myself involved in a flame war fairly recently I am speaking from experience.

This is a game after all. And yes we all have fun in this game by killing each other. Repeatedly. AND the PvP forums are frequented by some of the pickiest, most obstreperous mf'ers around. Myself included I guess. No one is gonna back down. No one is gonna freely admit they were wrong. Not really. And guess what.... it matters not at all. Imo for most of us our minds were made up before the first post hit the forums. I don't know who started it. Who cares? Just shake hands, and come out fighting.... in game.

Less QQ, MOAR PHASORZ!!

Waff
I hesitate to reveal this, but in high school somebody called me "Captain Thesaurus" and it stuck. You took me to school man.

obstreperous
–adjective
resisting control or restraint in a difficult manner; unruly.
noisy, clamorous, or boisterous: obstreperous children.

Had to look it up, and I gotta say that there is no better description.

On subject, haters gonna flame. I myself am not innocent of some toasty posts on this very forum. If somebody got riled and was a d-bag, hey, it happens to us all. But some men you just can't reach. And right now if it's faithborn's call, there's no obligation to turn it into a democracy.

Then name of the channel is not FreeforallPVP, so somebody's got to organize it, and that person is never going to be universally liked.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Oh I'm going to regret getting into this but it needs to be said....

For starters, OrganizedPVP is not an official channel that was entrusted to Faithborn, it was started by players and that means that the channel's rules are theirs to create and enforce, and if you don't like it then nobody is keeping you in that channel or from trying to start your own (which has been done before too).

All of the moderators for that channel (oh yes there are more moderators in that channel than Faithborn) do what they can to keep the peace in O-PVP and when people try to start sh** or continuously spout RP nonsense to people that don't care, they get muted. First time is a 3 minute mute, then 2 hours and if you keep it up it keeps going up and the same applies for everybody who enables those who are muted.

People try to spread the hate for Faithborn and the like, but in reality they keep the peace in that channel when people start talking a pointless amount of crap.

I have no problem with second (or third sometimes) chances, but when some people continuously start stuff, then refuse to tone it down, then they're going to get muted so that the channel doesn't get flooded with pointless garbage that drives people away.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Then it requires channel rules, have those rules posted, essentially if it is going to be moderated in the way that those claiming it biased wish then it requires guidelines that can be used as a bench mark. We have a sticked post for it add the rules to the top, then if someone is muted and feels it ws done incorrectly they have recourse to an appeal which will independantly apply the rules to teh situation.

Seems a bit extream for a private channel but if that is what it will take
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-18-2010, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Sounds great, but what about those who are not abusive and do not throw personal insults around but get muted and banned anyway do to the fact that a single moderator has a differing opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
All of the moderators for that channel (oh yes there are more moderators in that channel than Faithborn)...
But, there's only one moderator that mutes and bans for a difference of opinion, or more likely that they simply don't like you. All the while allowing personal insults to be flung at you from every direction, it's just madness.

Now I don't really care about the insults, but come on, one rule for you and another rule for him? There is a moderator in there (and I give no allusion to any names, as that would break the forum rules) that has openly claimed that the channel belongs to them alone, and if you don't fall in line and agree with everything that single perfidious moderator says, then my friend you can get banned and muted and be told to start your own channel.

This is why the PVP community is sundered without chance of reconciliation, there is a fracture that cannot be repaired while this channel continues the way it does.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Sounds great, but what about those who are not abusive and do not throw personal insults around but get muted and banned anyway do to the fact that a single moderator has a differing opinion?
has this happened yet?

going on that logic, whats stopping the devs from banning/muting any one of us at any point in time?
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-18-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
has this happened yet?

going on that logic, whats stopping the devs from banning/muting any one of us at any point in time?
The EULA stops them from doing just that.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-18-2010, 03:29 AM
I am afraid, EmoJoe, this thread didn't really help matters. It requires a certain willingness to just let go, and neither side really seems keen on that at the moment. Sad. I don't really care about this - I don't agree with either sides actions, really, but neither is that relevant, but the only thing bothering me is that it's annoying to read this kind of forum or chat PvP.

Mustrum "Maybe we need a DisorganizedPvP chat channel? " Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-18-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am afraid, EmoJoe, this thread didn't really help matters. It requires a certain willingness to just let go......
You mean you expect everyone to just fall in line and have no opinions of their own? Be forced to agree with someone just beacuse they are a mod?

wow, just wow
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-18-2010, 05:12 AM
If you hate it so much, start your own channel where you can mute/ban whoever you like too. Then everybody's happy.

If yours is a nicer channel, more people will flock to it, you win.

Either that or just stop whining like a self-entitled bunch of little schoolgirls.

******n you all the PvP community used to be manlier than this.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlemore
If you hate it so much, start your own channel where you can mute/ban whoever you like too. Then everybody's happy.

If yours is a nicer channel, more people will flock to it, you win.

Either that or just stop whining like a self-entitled bunch of little schoolgirls.

******n you all the PvP community used to be manlier than this.
Yes, because being banned and/or muted for no reason then making a complaint is self-entitlement at its very finest.

Its not the channel itself that's bad, it's the way its unjustly moderated.
Closed Thread