Lt. Commander
# 1 Larger Personal Banks
11-05-2010, 06:36 AM
I was wondering if it is possible for cryptic to look into increasing the size of the Personal Account. There isnt alot of space to be able to deposit items that you want to keep. I am up to vice admiral on 1 of my characters, it would be great if we could perhaps even purchase larger size accounts to hold items. I mean there its possible to buy extra character slots or bridge officers, but yeah a bigger account would be great.
If anyone else agrees please add your comments. Also if you have seen any other posts about this can you put a link to it here so I can have a look. I tried doing a search on this but I never found anything.

Also when items that are put up for sale on the exchange, has anyone noticed that the items dont seem to come back ? I have had sometimes emails saying that items that I put up for sale that the items I put up for sale expired. I am just not sure if they do come back or not. Also is there a limit on how much Energy Credits you can accumate. I am somewhere up to about 2.5 million energy credits.
Lol I hope this isnt to long of a post...
Thanks to everyone that reads this and replies..
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-05-2010, 06:46 AM
if exchange stuff has expired then you go to the mail consoles near to the bank, select that mail and then you will be able to take your mail. As far as i know there is no limit on EC. the most ive had is 50 mill and i know people who have a lot more so i dont think there is a limit
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Huh. What kind of stuff are you people keeping? My VA/LG characters have maybe ~5 items in their bank.

But here are a few hints, maybe they'll help:
- sell stuff that you don't need, or gift them to other players
- sell stuff that does not get sold on the exchange to NPCs
- send non-bound items to alts
- if you have no alts, create one just for banking
- if your character or an alt is not yet in a fleet, create one and use the fleet bank
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Huh. What kind of stuff are you people keeping? My VA/LG characters have maybe ~5 items in their bank.

But here are a few hints, maybe they'll help:
- sell stuff that you don't need, or gift them to other players
- sell stuff that does not get sold on the exchange to NPCs
- if your character or an alt is not yet in a fleet, create one and use the fleet bank
cool idea to make a fleet up. u need like 4 players on a team to do that right?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2010, 09:46 PM
it would be nice to have a bit more room. but it would be better to have an account bank.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-11-2010, 10:10 PM
We can buy more bank slots in Champions...wish I could spend a couple million EC on a page of slots in STO
Lt. Commander
# 7 Here is my idea
11-11-2010, 10:20 PM
I would like to have an option to buy more tabs for our personel bank, like the ones for the fleet bank menu. That would totaly solve the problem. But please NOT for Cryptic Points = real money. Instead for ingame currency like Energy Credits, Gold Pressed Latinum or even Marks/Emblems, pick one. I think i would prefer the Latinum solution.

I am just tired to e-mail myself things, and store items in other (non used) ship or BOF slots. Its very time consuming in this game, and not very fun. With the option to buy more tabs for our personel bank, it would become much more comfortable, then it is right now. And i dont see a problem implementing this, because like i said, it is already in the game.

On another thought (in perfect combination with the Latinum solution): Implement a special security bank / vault at Deep Sapce Nine. Why there? Because in one DS9 episode (sadly i dont remember the name right now - it was an early one i think), we saw a vault there on the station, where they storage important items in exchange for money. In STO it could be a place where we do the same. Like a second bank if you will, only accessible at DS9. Since the station is one of the big community hubs, it would make sence too, and the Klingons could get a version of this maybe on Qo'noS.

But at the end: allowing us to buy more tabs for our personel bank, would do it in a simple way.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineria
it would be nice to have a bit more room. but it would be better to have an account bank.
This please, an account level bank would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Quote:
^^ This. In the early days of the game I setup a fleet and bought all the bank tabs for storing stuff. Useful for levelling alts and keeping good gear in there. At this point I think it is mostly full of green and blue items.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
The last few days I've been trying to send some non-bound items to alts via the mailbox, but the Take Items button is greyed out when any of the alts try to access it. The alts are all Federation faction, so I don't get why they are blocked. Anyone else having this issue?