Lt. Commander
# 11
05-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
I mean protection of our nicks mate, sorry if I didn't make that clear. If not it'll be pretty easy for someone to come in the channel and impersonate anyone, and possibly cause a lot of drama and possibly other issues.

It's actually why I quit coming in the channel and let some know that if they saw my nick it was definitely not me, just so I had that backed up.
good catch i hope they find some way but it wont be esay, technoligy is such a dule edge blade
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
So much for My Efforts I guess ... 9 Months I have run stoirc.com spent money to maintain it per month, invited members of the community to join is (some have) I wrote 3 letters to Cryptic and several PMs and never got once single solitary response what so ever.

I even live 12 miles North of Cryptic HQ in Mountain View, CA offered to come in on a sit down personally and never got a response to that either.

GLAD THE COMMUNITY NOW HAS A CHAT

But I've been totally slapped in the face, the knees an the gut ... thanks.

Btw the STOIRC.com staff will be going to the early showing of Star Trek at the IMAX in our area at 7PM on Thursday. If you want details about the exact location and want to meet up send me a PM and I will get them to you.

This news pretty much kills stoirc.com .net and .org so it will probably be our last public meet up.

Thanks for those that met us in Vegas a few months back it was a blast.

A Big BIG Special thanks to StarTrek-Games.com for their continued support of STOIRC.com

as Well as SubspaceLink.com
Holodeck3.com
and Starbase49.com

We would have setup the Cryptic Dev Staff with all these things and the network would have been suited and catered to the success and advertisement of the game. The channels on the server would have been exclusively tailored to the Trek Gamer and fan base.

This news ultimately is a massive disappointment to my efforts.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-04-2009, 07:20 PM
I know Mike has put in quite a bit of effort in running a dedicated STO IRC server, so I am quite disappointed to learn that all his efforts weren't acknowledged in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J
A Big BIG Special thanks to StarTrek-Games.com for their continued support of STOIRC.com
No, thank you for running the server. You did an amazing job, the server was always up and stable.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonParticle View Post
I know Mike has put in quite a bit of effort in running a dedicated STO IRC server, so I am quite disappointed to learn that all his efforts weren't acknowledged in any way.

No, thank you for running the server. You did an amazing job, the server was always up and stable.

I will keep it online as long as I know people want to use it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I don't normally use IRC, but if the community proves to be popular then I am definitely going to have to learn how to use it so that I can talk to some fellow members of the community -- and perhaps some of the development team as well. Either way, I am just overjoyed that Star Trek Online fans now have an official place to chat, because even though I prefer forum-based communication it is nice to have an alternative from time to time.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J
So much for My Efforts I guess ... 9 Months I have run stoirc.com spent money to maintain it per month, invited members of the community to join is (some have) I wrote 3 letters to Cryptic and several PMs and never got once single solitary response what so ever.
This is the first I've heard of your STOIRC.com. I don't believe you advertised enough for it. I know the gamesurge IRC was posted in the discussion forum and later stickied. Not to mention being used for the new trivia contests. My advice for next time, speak up to the community a little louder, not just the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrani View Post
This is the first I've heard of your STOIRC.com. I don't believe you advertised enough for it. I know the gamesurge IRC was posted in the discussion forum and later stickied. Not to mention being used for the new trivia contests. My advice for next time, speak up to the community a little louder, not just the devs.
But we did long time ago

see here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ghlight=stoirc

I tried to get it stuck and I tried to invite people to it.

We even had 50 people in the channel the day that the game was revealed in Las Vegas,

Without a response from the Devs or Community Staff though people began to fall away quickly. I tried several formal channels. also the rules clearly state in no uncertain terms NOT ti advertise third party sites on these forums. We did not put a big neon sign out and about out of respect for the rules. I was still waiting on a more formal response.
Lt. Commander
# 18 STOIRC.com
05-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrani View Post
As unfortunate as it is for STOIRC.com, I'd have to agree, this is the first I heard about STOIRC as well :/.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiko View Post
As unfortunate as it is for STOIRC.com, I'd have to agree, this is the first I heard about STOIRC as well :/.
All we can do at this point is to re-task our offerings and remind all Fleets out there that STOIRC os still a Premium source to get an Embeddged chat room and IRC hosted chat tailored for your fleet or fan site.

If we are not to be a premier service for the game so be it. However community sites should know they are still welcome on our Network.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Just face it Mike it Stoirc wasn't there idea so they were not interested.