Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Now. Honestly, there is another thread that that Bug had made to discuss this issue, This thread was made by me to make a statement about how i think people should deal wil exploiters or people they believe are exploiting, So lets stay on topic please
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
Now. Honestly, there is another thread that that Bug had made to discuss this issue, This thread was made by me to make a statement about how i think people should deal wil exploiters or people they believe are exploiting, So lets stay on topic please
Well, never let it be said about CHC that you are not funny over here on your second, little soapbox.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
11-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Nyrus pay your damn vent bill I can't log in =P
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
well here is another thing I have thought of as a result of this, naming allows different accounts to have the same exact name so you could have an entire team all with say "Donkey" for their name and that would make it very difficult to pick the person you wanted to focus. This is much the same as naming security escort but it is fully supported by the naming policy and I would imagine it would still get the same result.
Horsepuckey.

This is explicitly against the Rules of Conduct. You are specifically not allowed to imitate another player character, or a real-life person. When you say "but it is fully supported by the naming policy" you are just plain lying.

From the Rules of Conduct:
Quote:
In particular, you may not use any User Identifier:
(i) Belonging to another individual or entity with the intent to impersonate that individual or entity, including without limitation, impersonating any Cryptic agent or employee or any other Cryptic community user;
It's the very first section of the naming policy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
11-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19d View Post
Horsepuckey.

This is explicitly against the Rules of Conduct. You are specifically not allowed to imitate another player character, or a real-life person. When you say "but it is fully supported by the naming policy" you are just plain lying.

From the Rules of Conduct:
It's the very first section of the naming policy.
survey says XXX said nothing about imitating them, it is the same name that is not imitating the person said nothing about making the same character image naming fully supports people having the same exact name. Now the short bus is about to leave so please put on your helmet and move along before you get left behind again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
11-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
survey says XXX said nothing about imitating them, it is the same name that is not imitating the person said nothing about making the same character image naming fully supports people having the same exact name. Now the short bus is about to leave so please put on your helmet and move along before you get left behind again.
When caught lying, start throwing insults

Read again -- you are specifically not allowed to impersonate another Cryptic community user. Everyone making a character named "Donkey" would be an exploit. It doesn't matter if you *can* do it since it's specifically against the rules. If you know it's against the rules and do it anyway, you're still cheating whether or not the system allows it.

It's spelled out in black and white so there's no way could misunderstand. If you don't like being caught lying then don't lie.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
11-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19d View Post
When caught lying, start throwing insults

Read again -- you are specifically not allowed to impersonate another Cryptic community user. Everyone making a character named "Donkey" would be an exploit. It doesn't matter if you *can* do it since it's specifically against the rules. If you know it's against the rules and do it anyway, you're still cheating whether or not the system allows it.

It's spelled out in black and white so there's no way could misunderstand. If you don't like being caught lying then don't lie.
and dude again you fail at reading comprehension you are making it say what you want it to mean, you are not impersonating someone by having the same name, if they all had the same name and the same character look/costume then yes but that is not at any point what I said and now you have missed the bus yet again so I don't expect you to begin understanding what the adults are saying anytime soon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
11-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
and dude again you fail at reading comprehension you are making it say what you want it to mean, you are not impersonating someone by having the same name, if they all had the same name and the same character look/costume then yes but that is not at any point what I said and now you have missed the bus yet again so I don't expect you to begin understanding what the adults are saying anytime soon.
Cryptic doesn't agree with you. Read the Rules of Conduct -- just a name counts as a user identifier to them.

Nevermind the fact that you specifically suggested that players all name themselves "Donkey" in an attempt to confuse targeting:
Quote:
well here is another thing I have thought of as a result of this, naming allows different accounts to have the same exact name so you could have an entire team all with say "Donkey" for their name and that would make it very difficult to pick the person you wanted to focus.
First you suggested that impersonating "Donkey" would be okay, now you're lying about it. It doesn't matter if you all had exactly the same costume or not, your declared intention was to impersonate him.

If you just happened to pick the same name as someone that would be different, but you said you trying to confuse targeting.

I get why you don't see a problem with shady behavior.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
11-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19d View Post
Cryptic doesn't agree with you. Read the Rules of Conduct -- just a name counts as a user identifier to them.

Nevermind the fact that you specifically suggested that players all name themselves "Donkey" in an attempt to confuse targeting:
First you suggested that impersonating "Donkey" would be okay, now you're lying about it. It doesn't matter if you all had exactly the same costume or not, your declared intention was to impersonate him.

If you just happened to pick the same name as someone that would be different, but you said you trying to confuse targeting.

I get why you don't see a problem with shady behavior.
And bingo we have a winner, thankyou for going exactly where I was hoping you would....."Intent" is what you are saying is what makes all the difference if it is impersonating or not so please now be a mind reader and tell everyone what their intent is when they make a character or do anything in the game. Yes I showed intent and was very deliberate to prove my point I just made so thank you =)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
11-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Donkey would you mind if I name my tact Donkey?

And Bug will I be exploiting if I name my toon Donkey?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:59 PM.