Lt. Commander
# 1 Am I Blind?
11-17-2010, 05:40 PM
I am trying to find the Engineering - Field Generator MK XI console. I've been searching for 2 days all around for I cannot find it. I know it can be purchased for emblems (or so people have said in the forums) but I must be missing it when I look? I think there must be some other place for buying equipment that I am missing somehow.

Can someone PLEASE tell me where to get it? It has to be someplace obvious because no one actually mentions where to get it as though it's obvious - someone has mentioned "the vendor" but that's it!

Someone help before I lose my mind. PLEASE.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2010, 05:47 PM
You can get the purple version of that console if you talk to Lt. Carei at Earth Spacedock. She's the bald blue engineering officer in the central hub with the big head.

Failing that, there should be a basic white version of that console on the exchange...right?
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Check the emblems dealer at the center of Earth Space Dock. Its important to know that the emblem store has been divided into tabs and the console you are looking for won't come up on the first screen. Make sure to switch to the tab for engineering consoles
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malashenko89 View Post
You can get the purple version of that console if you talk to Lt. Carei at Earth Spacedock. She's the bald blue engineering officer in the central hub with the big head.

Failing that, there should be a basic white version of that console on the exchange...right?
HAHAHAHA no.

I've been looking in the exchange and the least expensive one there is 3 million energy credits. I only just made it to a million credits today, so I don't have 3M regardless - but I'd have to be remarkably desperate to buy something for that price when I can just work for it by earning emblems. I guess I can understand why someone would pay an insane price for something if they didn't have time to grind away for it, but that someone isn't me.

Thank you, I'm off to a date with a big-headed blue chick. Sounds a bit like my real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumibe
Check the emblems dealer at the center of Earth Space Dock. Its important to know that the emblem store has been divided into tabs and the console you are looking for won't come up on the first screen. Make sure to switch to the tab for engineering consoles
Oh wow... really?

THANK YOU. Obviously, I've been missing this dealer because I assumed they just sold lower-level stuff. I'd click, glance and move on and never realized there were tabs.

I'm off to check it out.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Thanks!
11-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Thank you again, folks.

I just went and checked it out and that is going to be a HUGE help. I didn't realize that "Exchange Emblems" was a buy equipment thing. I'd just assumed "Exchange Emblems" was yet another place you could trade them for some of the other million in-game "currencies".

I might have gone my whole STO career not knowing where to buy all that equipment with emblems.

I just wish I'd known sooner. In future I am going to have to click on EVERYTHING and see what it is.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBair
Thank you again, folks.

I just went and checked it out and that is going to be a HUGE help. I didn't realize that "Exchange Emblems" was a buy equipment thing. I'd just assumed "Exchange Emblems" was yet another place you could trade them for some of the other million in-game "currencies".

I might have gone my whole STO career not knowing where to buy all that equipment with emblems.

I just wish I'd known sooner. In future I am going to have to click on EVERYTHING and see what it is.
You know, it couldn't hurt to file it as a bug report, since now that we can ACTUALLY exchange emblems (in the omega group) this is misleading. Perhaps Trade-in emblems would be more appropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
You know, it couldn't hurt to file it as a bug report, since now that we can ACTUALLY exchange emblems (in the omega group) this is misleading. Perhaps Trade-in emblems would be more appropriate.
Or redeem.

Since I was never in the game before you could "exchange emblems" for marks, etc, I didn't think it meant anything but that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Oh what is this emblem thing and when do you start earning it?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-20-2010, 12:26 AM
http://www.stowiki.org/Emblem
Emblems are currency you can get once you hit Vice Admiral / Lieutenant General and allows you to purchase rare or very rare Mk XI gear. They can also be used to buy T5 retrofit ships (500 emblems) instead of paying 1200 C Store Points and can be converted down to a Mark of Honor, Valor, or Exploration on a 1 to 1 basis at Battle Group Omega.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-20-2010, 12:29 AM
I get lots of those as drops in common and green level for mk xi. Try doing a few fast rounds of SB24 FA for a drop or if that isn't your cup of tea buy em on the exchange.