Lt. Commander
Originally, I made the suggestion here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...0&postcount=49

But I felt I should go into a more detailed information on what I had in mind, if some one else would be interested in actually Hosting this tournament, Weither it's a Premade Fleet, or just some pvp enjoying individuals.

Lieutenant 8 Tournament

Reason for Level 8: It's low enough level that the ships and powers are all, for the most part, equal to each other. Also at level 8, each class gains access to their space power, having already gained their ground abilities at level 6. And Level 8 is a very easy and Swift level that could be attained by anyone. Sure Klingon players would have an advantage here since they start automatically at level 6, but Federation players would gain advantage in having more ship possibilities. Also, in the off chance that level 8 is too restricting, maybe level 10 would be better.

For space, this means less hectic issues with ship designs, and abiltiiy combination as well as skill point set ups. We'd all basically be the same. No one would really have an unfair advantage in Bridge officer abilities.

Consumables would be difficult to control, especially for the ground tournament. I think it would be up to who ever is running the tournament on how to hande these. (Consumables include, but not limited to Hypos, Engi batteries, Shield Batteries, Etc..)

The formats I thought might be enjoyable would be:

Cap & Hold 10v10 or 5v5
Arena: 10v10 or 5v5 or even Pairs of 2v2 or 3v3, or 4v4 Or any numerical team option avaliable.

If there are ground combat tournaments, they could also be held in similar formats.

Suggested rewards for those hosting could be:

Energy Credits (For the winning Team)

Items (Perhaps Rare to Very Rare Items of some kind.

Bridge officers

I would also hope that if the event went well enough, with enough players, maybe even Cryptic might take an eye and perhaps give some sort of official sanctioning, or even prize for one such event. (I can dream right?)

So what says you, the community? Who out there would be willing to take charge of the event? Who would be willing to supply the prizes?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Would be interesting, I'd have to clear a character slot for it though
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2010, 11:51 PM
In this corner, wearing the red and white trunks, you have the all powerful Brel!

And in this corner, wearing Glass Joe's old shorts, we have the NX01!
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2010, 08:29 AM
I would be very willing to.....

1) Participate

2) Supply EC for prizes - within reason

Cheers,

Waff
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2010, 09:12 AM
sure i'll delete zorena when do we start?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
sure i'll delete zorena when do we start?
Wait, what?
Lt. Commander
# 7 sounds like fun
11-18-2010, 10:58 AM
TMT team would probably be interested in participating too.

Perhaps you would consider this: instead of limiting the tourney to Lt characters, make it open to all ranks with Tier 1 ships (and perhaps a cap of Mk2 equipment?) and all captain powers OFF. That levels the playing field for differning ranks to participate. It also removes the need to create new characters. TMT fleet had an interfleet pvp like this and it balanced well.

I could probably be convinced to assist in some capacity and could also help with prizes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
TMT team would probably be interested in participating too.

Perhaps you would consider this: instead of limiting the tourney to Lt characters, make it open to all ranks with Tier 1 ships (and perhaps a cap of Mk2 equipment?) and all captain powers OFF. That levels the playing field for differning ranks to participate. It also removes the need to create new characters. TMT fleet had an interfleet pvp like this and it balanced well.
It's not currently possible to set the current challange system to be able to set a minimium level on the players involved to better enforce such a possibility.

Or to be able to turn off Captian levels.. It would be nice if it was possible.

It would also be too hard to guarentee that higher level captians would not use the powers requested to not use.

But I am That you, and others are willing to help with this tournament Idea so far