Lt. Commander
this thread is not a complaint, it's about building on the current anomaly system! I KNOW I CAN PRESS 'F' !
i'm NOT asking for a way to SKIP the mini-game altogether, i would like to just delay it.

ok, so...
I'm flying along at full impulse and come to an anomaly...

In the old days you did a fly-by scan, no stopping...

NOW we have the mini-game... WHICH IS GOOD, but it requires a full stop.

I think this is a kinda jarring break in pace.

I think i'd rather be able to "LOOT" the anomaly with a quick scan or pick up and then later (preferably in my ship's science lab!) open and scan it... at which time i would play the mini-game in a more appropriate, less on-the-go setting.

I want take-home anomalies.

YES, i KNOW i can skip the game...

NO, i don't think i should get the bonus for doing nothing...

I would like to put in the time to earn the bonuses LATER, not when i'm flying to a planet at full speed!

You get back from a cluster chart mission with a sack full of anomalies (not data samples, but the anomalies themselves), visit your science lab and run them thru the computer. the mini-game pops up there and you play it, getting the full bonuses playing the mini-game awards.

I BELIEVE it would make anomaly scanning and crafting a SMOOTHER experience, AND give us another reason to visit our ship interior... the science lab!

Ideas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Not bad. Maybe if you decided to scan a object you could get better results in the lab?

Skip it and lesser items.

Scan, your bag is better, rush through it and you'd get less.

OR, if you scan quick and collect, maybe later when you have time your science lab allows you to "replay" the miningame and get better drops (anomaly wise).

Could make us both happy. Plus depending on new crew mechanics maybe it would be better for a science heavy (example) crew to get better stuff on a later analysis? Could even be made as a gamble kind of thing, scan now, or hope your crew can do better on board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Scoop the anomalies to the cargo bay and scan them later.

"But anomalies might be wormholes, or.. or.. or.. big comets!" Yes son, but when you scan them you don't end up with the entire thing on board, just a "trace" or a "sample".
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2010, 10:58 PM
So tired of this.

we got what we asked for, now the novelty wore off, make it faster (the way it used to be).

Kinda like;

Starfleet is not about War.

VA's should not scan objects.

Where's my open PvP.

Makes a lot of sense, do people even think before posting or is it a epeen thing?
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2010, 10:59 PM
I'd like to take home Data too, as he is "trained in multiple techniques..."!
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Perhaps have the mini-game optional.

Say... a button that opts to immediately "Take All" but reduces the amount of items acquired if, the mini-game had been attempted while, successfully completing the mini-game could increase the amount acquired?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2010, 11:12 PM
You can set you options to keep your ship moving during dialogs and also click 'quit' on the scanning mini-game window and take your anomoly. <---- Pace restored.

Personally, I love the mini-game and wish they'd add more asI found flyig around and simply clicking 'F' a couple of times extremely boring.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2010, 11:25 PM
i'll be clearer...

i'm talking less about REDUCING a game mechanic and more about BUILDING on it.

and i know i can both cancel the mini-game and turn on the keep moving thingy, or i could just NOT collect them.

but i want to keep what we have AND get back what we lost.

if we could take anomalies home and do further analysis there, cruising thru space would be less stop-and-go

******AND*****

we'd have another reason to visit our bridges! the science lab!

get back from a cluster chart mission with a sack full of anomalies, visit your science lab and run them thru the computer. the mini-game pops up there and you play it, getting the full bonuses playing the mini-game awards.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyn
i'll be clearer...

i'm talking less about REDUCING a game mechanic and more about BUILDING on it.

and i know i can both cancel the mini-game and turn on the keep moving thingy, or i could just NOT collect them.

but i want to keep what we have AND get back what we lost.

if we could take anomalies home and do further analysis there, cruising thru space would be less stop-and-go

******AND*****

we'd have another reason to visit our bridges! the science lab!

get back from a cluster chart mission with a sack full of anomalies, visit your science lab and run them thru the computer. the mini-game pops up there and you play it, getting the full bonuses playing the mini-game awards.

Not bad. Maybe if you decided to scan a object you could get better results in the lab?

OR, if you scan quick and collect, maybe later when you have time your science lab allows you to "replay" the miningame and get better drops (anomaly wise).

Could make us both happy. Plus depending on new crew mechanics maybe it would be better for a science heavy (example) crew to get better stuff on a later analysis? Could even be made as a gamble kind of thing, scan now, or hope your crew can do better on board?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-18-2010, 11:46 PM
The Minigame can bet annoying, but a quick hit of the Escape Key stops the game.

But I would like Cryptic to fix the game when it comes to the Anomoly Exploration mission. It's annoying that you get the Mission Complete screen while in the middle of the last minigame.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-18-2010, 11:48 PM
It's already optional. If you want it to work the way it used to...just keep hitting F. All it requires is one extra F press when you're already pressing it and you'll cancel the mini game and go to the mingame loot screen.

When I'm pressed for time, this is what I do when I get the scan 5 anomalies mission. I just go at full impulse and hit F a bunch of times as I fly by each one without stopping.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post

this is what i'm talking about, these are great ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
It's already optional. If you want it to work the way it used to...just keep hitting F. All it requires is one extra F press when you're already pressing it and you'll cancel the mini game and go to the mingame loot screen.
yes, but you lose out on the benefits of playing the game. i'm greedy.