Lt. Commander
# 11
11-18-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Do the interceptors actually have Target subsystems or are they just armed with phasers that are procing alot?
The wording is something akin to "..that will steal crew, and disable subsystems", and Im fairly sure they use disruptors (might be mistaken though)

Personally I havent had problems like Urban describes, but then I dont really que up for FvK very often, due to the Carrier NPC spamming.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-18-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
i see whats going on here

jankos mad that the feds dont have star cruisers with target subsystem pets

poor janko, heres a tissue
He does have a point, *if* the disables are happening so often as he is saying they do..

In any case, Im glad the KDF got their Starcruiser copy and the SV copy, and that they are superior to the original Federation versions.. God knows you Klingons need all the help you can get
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
The wording is something akin to "..that will steal crew, and disable subsystems", and Im fairly sure they use disruptors (might be mistaken though)

Personally I havent had problems like Urban describes, but then I dont really que up for FvK very often, due to the Carrier NPC spamming.
Its was worth a shot and would have been a simple fix if the proc rate on thier (if they use them) phasers was miskeyed during coding.
I wonder, do they actually steal crew members?
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Its was worth a shot and would have been a simple fix if the proc rate on thier (if they use them) phasers was miskeyed during coding.
I wonder, do they actually steal crew members?
No idea.. Like I said.. The Carrier petspam made me lose all interest in FvK some time ago..

Dont really care if KDF ships are overpowered, or underpowered.. I just want to play PvP without a gazillion NPCs (luckily I can do just that in FvF - except for those damn Photonics, but atleast those spawns are small enough to be managable)
Lt. Commander
# 15 The more you know..
11-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Intercepters each use Disable Engines And Disable Weapons (It is unsure the exact amount, I assume it's nothing higher in power setting drain then Target Subsystem I, since the actual number is not displayed), and remember people, even if you get hit with Multiple Disable Subsystem attacks, they don't stack.

Intercepters each steal about 10 Crew upon deployment (60 crew total) and then continue to steal crew while they are deployed and alive.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
i see whats going on here

jankos mad that the feds dont have star cruisers with target subsystem pets

poor janko, heres a tissue
...ROFL.

Maybe you need your eyes/thought process adjusted.
I'm just saying that making a cruiser with target subsystems (even though it's NPC controlled) is kind of dumb, as it makes it a science vessel and not a cruiser.

Now, that said, I am going to go out on a limb and say the Orion Patrol Cruiser is somewhat equivalent to the Nebula. Thing is, the Nebula has manual control of the Target Subsystems, with the 90 second cooldowns if I recall correctly.
The Interceptors seem to be able to hit you with it far more often (whether that is due to the number of them all spamming it, or the cool down for the Interceptor is lower, I don't know.

...and what the hell is with you thinking I'm "crying" over this. Maybe you missed the fact that I play KDF and FED, and if I really felt like playing the best Ship/Class combo, I'd just go ahead and do that.
Thing is, I'd rather have potential issues looked at and discussed, rather than let them build in to larger issues...like CSV used to be.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Intercepters each use Disable Engines And Disable Weapons (It is unsure the exact amount, I assume it's nothing higher in power setting drain then Target Subsystem I, since the actual number is not displayed), and remember people, even if you get hit with Multiple Disable Subsystem attacks, they don't stack.

Intercepters each steal about 10 Crew upon deployment (60 crew total) and then continue to steal crew while they are deployed and alive.
The power drain is minimal, and I'm aware that the target subsystems don't stack (since that was patched a while back), but they will on occasion proc a complete disable of the subsystem they target, and that's more of where my issue is.

I don't want to use the term, as it's typically associated in extremely negative ways, however players can easily exploit the Interceptors Target Subsystem abilities in conjunction with the use of phasers (for their chance to proc disables), and players/ship Target Subsystem abilities as well.
After all, the more times you use something with a chance to proc, the more likely it is to proc.
That's why I used the term "exploit", even though on its own the Interceptor isn't a huge deal.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Why exactly would a player NOT play into there ships strengths. Loading a Target Subsystems 2 on a Orion ship IS NOT an exploit. Loading phasers is NOT and exploit. Does it compound system disables... well ya that would be the point would it not.

This is like saying loading 2 copies of ET 3 in a star cruiser is an exploit as it makes a ship too tanky.

Or its an exploit To load ALL one kinda of weapon at all to increase your proc chance... I call shenanigans on that one. EXPLOIT

Anyone playing the orion ship SHOULD play into its special ability... why would they not. Sure load a tun of phaser cannons, and load up some Scatter 1 or Rapid 1. (Hardly a damage nightmare anyway) but sure it could disable more often and allow teammates to capitalize. OR load all beams and fire up a target subsystems 2... OR load a boarding party and try your best to land it when the interceptors are out... HARDLY exploits. Wise ship building sure, exploits NO.

ATTN Cryptic:
It would be great to see the damage specs for the interceptors on their tool tip. I would like to know there chance to disable a system... I don't think its as high as even a single beam from my testing. Would be nice to know for sure. I would image the issue Janko (Good player respect the man) Is describing has more to do with people playing into there ships and loading there own target subs, Boarding Parties, and Phaser based procs.

Lt. Commander
# 19
11-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Hence why I was reluctant to use the term exploit.

Simply meant that it would be exploiting the current setup of the Interceptor.

As you know, I completely agree that one needs to make complete use of every ability/feature in the game in order to maximize your desired outcome.
Hell, I'm all for it.

I guess I'm just seeing this in somewhat the same light as the old SNB. Obviously not to the same degree, but the potential is there.
I just don't want to see people getting completely (or almost) disabled due to spamming of a couple abilities (as Husanak pointed out).

If the goal is for quicker combat, then by all mean don't listen to a word I said in this thread.
My understanding though is that Cryptic is looking to draw out longer Space combat matches, and this Interceptor Target Subsystems (in its current iteration) seems to be going in the opposite direction.

Furthermore, I've got no issue with a Target SubSystems: Weapons being on the Interceptor as it is strictly a help defensively. The Target Engines on the other hand can give a large offensive advantage.