Lt. Commander
# 21
11-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borellus View Post
Still not happy about the US only thing, but heh, what can we do.. darn laws.. but just out of curiosity.. did i miss something in the PATH to 2409? Why are we designing the Enterprise-F? What happened to the Enterprise-E and Captain Data?
Seems it was send to an explore mission, and was lost...

Creative, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-23-2010, 08:17 AM
I wonder if this whole new Enterprise thing is a prelude to a new Trek Series ? It seems odd for CBS to be so involved in this game (never seemed to be this into the other trek games and yes I know it was paramount then but still) its like they are trying to make sure everything is clear to not conflict with something they have in the works.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-23-2010, 08:38 AM
The bragging rights for winning would be unequal in all of sci-fidom.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
Another great marketing move.....

God bless america but screw everyone else as always
In this case, it's our own governments that are screwing us over in matters such as this. It boils down to taxes, and government looking for their cut.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-25-2010, 07:47 AM
For Europeans (like me):

Just design the darn ship and have an american friend receive the gifts etc, who cares. You get to show off your name and brag with the credit. That's what I'll do. I'm sure random Joe doesn't mind to say his name is Hanzel or common Sue saying her name is Gretel. Sure, you don't get the lifetime subscription etc, but she can mail over the rest. There's nothing illegal about that, Joe or Sue just lied about their name and decided to 'gift' their reward to a European, Canedian, Austrialian or whereever-you-are-from friend.

Besides who knows, maybe there'll be modding options in a future to replace models with your own. Then you can still feature your own design for yourself.

And why the heck do we not set up our own little contest. There's some perfect 3d printing services out there, the winner can have their own design printed out. Sure it isn't used ingame, but it's still fun participating in. Now if someone'd actually host that.