Lt. Commander
# 1 Races I'd like to see in STO
11-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Some races I think that should be in STO either in the character creator or as a race in-game

Alpha Quadrant Species:
Risans (the symbol on their heads! please add to the character creator Cryptic!)
El-Aurian (a simple add, how about this along with Guinan style clothing?)
Efrosian (definately should be a Federation playable species down the line!)
Antedean (a "handsome" race, squid-like race)
Suliban (important race from Star Trek Enterprise)
Tamarian (Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra)
Antican (dog-like species)
Selay (reptilian species)
Lurian (Morn's species)
Xindi-Primate
Xindi-Arboreal
Xindi-Reptilian
Denobulan (Dr. Plox's species, should be a Federation playable species!)

Gamma Quadrant Species: (when we get to the Gamma Quadrant in STO)
Hunters
Tosk

Delta Quadrant Species: (when we get to the Delta Quadrant in STO)
Kazon (important Delta qudrant baddies, a must for STO!)
Talaxian (Neelix's race)
Brunali (Icheb's race)
Ocampa (Kess's race)
Kobali
Voth
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmafire2374 View Post
Kazon (important Delta qudrant baddies, a must for STO!)
Most of those on the list I have no problem accepting, heck more races the better. But I'm just gonna say that the Kazon weren't really a threat until Seska started helping them. Honestly I found them quite enjoyable laughable at their attempts to be taken as serious bad guys like early TNG's take on the Ferengi.

Rest of the list is fine in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2010, 11:35 PM
What about the Denobulan? Someone will probably want to play a Dr. Phlox with their new ENT uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costigan
What about the Denobulan? Someone will probably want to play a Dr. Phlox with their new ENT uniform.
Added it to the list.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2010, 12:47 AM
yes to pretty much all of the above.

El-Aurians better be free though. charging for basically humans would be low. Unless they come with a guinan costume.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSKitsune
Most of those on the list I have no problem accepting, heck more races the better. But I'm just gonna say that the Kazon weren't really a threat until Seska started helping them. Honestly I found them quite enjoyable laughable at their attempts to be taken as serious bad guys like early TNG's take on the Ferengi.

Rest of the list is fine in my opinion.
The Kazon look pretty cool, I'd like to see their parts in the character creator. Also they are a fun baddie, I'd like to see what they've been up to since ST:Voyager end. Also I think it would be cool to see the only race that we know to be rejected by the Borg for assimilation in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2010, 04:09 AM
I'd like to see the Aurelian make an appearance in STO.

If we are expanding into non-canon then the Brikarians are very interesting - Zak_Kebron from Peter David's New Frontier is one of this race and given his Captain Mackenzie Calhoun is in STO why not him??

Speaking of New Frontier how's about a sentient Mugato like Janos after all in the 33 years to 2409 they should have fixed the process!
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-18-2010, 04:59 AM
The Talaxians are on cryptic list. I'd like to see the Boslics (especially her), the Yridians, the Tholians, Androids wearing this outfit, and ofcourse romulan padd apps for taking over the federation
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmafire2374 View Post
Some races I think that should be in STO either in the character creator or as a race in-game
Daytona
Talladega
Bristol
Atlanta
Darlington
Martinsville

Lt. Commander
# 10
12-05-2010, 08:12 AM
The Ris(i)ans can already be made with the creator, using Nero's tattoo with the smallest size. Have a closer look on the people next time you're on Risa. I made an Alien Risian BO from that.

Tamarians would be cool, too, because they're already mentioned in "The Needs of the Many" timeline and of course "Temba, his arms wide".

The Denobulans can be created in the Creator, but I'd like to see them as full-race, too.

Howeverm that has a rather low priority at the moment and I'm looking forward to the species that are currently under design. (Hope the issue with the Kzinti can be solved)