Lt. Commander
# 1 Enterprise Pack, really?
11-15-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure if others have posted their frustration about this, but I am going to.

Considering Enterprise was by far the least successful series of the Trek franchise, I cannot believe that we are getting an entire pack coming up that involves an NX ship, uniforms, etc. all while fans of other series like TOS, TNG, etc. wait for c-store items from those eras to trickle in little bits or that we get rare items (like the TOS handphaser from the latest episode).

What about a pack involving more TOS stuff, like tricorder, communicator, etc. Or a TNG style lab coat, Dr. Pulaski's style of medical uniform, or Chief O'Brien's rolled up sleeves uni from DS9? Or a Klingon sash for our Fed klinks and klink boffs? TNG style away equipment? How about finally updating the Trek II-VI uniforms so they display different ranks?

I know that we already have bits and pieces from the other series (especially uniforms) but that is all it is...bits and pieces. Why not finish off the other eras and make adjustments to what we have now before doing an entire pack on Enterprise stuff?

That's all
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2010, 11:15 AM
they've already done the enterprise pack.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley1701 View Post
I'm not sure if others have posted their frustration about this, but I am going to.

Considering Enterprise was by far the least successful series of the Trek franchise, I cannot believe that we are getting an entire pack coming up that involves an NX ship, uniforms, etc. all while fans of other series like TOS, TNG, etc. wait for c-store items from those eras to trickle in little bits or that we get rare items (like the TOS handphaser from the latest episode).

What about a pack involving more TOS stuff, like tricorder, communicator, etc. Or a TNG style lab coat, Dr. Pulaski's style of medical uniform, or Chief O'Brien's rolled up sleeves uni from DS9? Or a Klingon sash for our Fed klinks and klink boffs? TNG style away equipment? How about finally updating the Trek II-VI uniforms so they display different ranks?

I know that we already have bits and pieces from the other series (especially uniforms) but that is all it is...bits and pieces. Why not finish off the other eras and make adjustments to what we have now before doing an entire pack on Enterprise stuff?

That's all
I am looking forward to the NX items. Given that this game will be around for many years you can count on it that ALL THINGS Trek will eventually make into the game at some point. So give it time and you will see the Pulaski Med Uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Even though it might not of been the most successfull series, though it beat TOS by one more series i believe (Not including the films that started bout 10 years later), their are thoose that did and have enjoyed Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Since we found out that the NX-Class is being released as a starter ship, I have absolutely no problem with the Enterprise pack. I do agree that the other eras need more love, too, but they'll get here eventually. Enterprise has a fan base, just like every other Trek series, and leaving out any of the iconic items just doesn't make sense.

IDIC...it's what's for dinner.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-15-2010, 12:29 PM
ST: Enterprise rules and there a LOTS of people who enjoy that series over and over again, I will buy the pack for sure just wait by next year youll have EVERYTHING a TOS, TNG, VOY, DS9 and movies packs with uniforms ships and other stuff

I even plan on using this ship on my VA full time insdead of my Interpid

OMG i cant wait still got 2 more days (hopefully) before its relase

Arczer
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arczer
ST: Enterprise rules and there a LOTS of people who enjoy that series over and over again, I will buy the pack for sure just wait by next year youll have EVERYTHING a TOS, TNG, VOY, DS9 and movies packs with uniforms ships and other stuff

Arczer
Good luck with that. You are in for a VERY unpleasant surprise....

(I'll give you a clue....POPCORN!)
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-15-2010, 06:19 PM
The first couple seasons were pretty bad, I'll admit, but bad writing doesn't change the fact that a lot of the design choices were quite good.

And hell if we're making judgements based on writing we're going to have to remove the intrepid, nova, and prometheus and all their variants.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arczer

Arczer
Yeah no.

The NX-01 is a Tier 1 ship like the Mirandas and TOS Connies.

And while you certainly can still fly her at VA, you're going to have a very hard time doing much anything.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Unfortunetly for ENT, the other shows were easy to include in STO right from the launch. TNG, DS9, and VOY are all the same, "TNG" era, so uniforms and ships were easy to bring in. TOS had the Connie refit and Miranda, and then the TOS uniforms for a pre-order bonus (followed by inclusion in the C-Store), as well as the Connie pre-order bonus (which also went C-Store), along with NOW a whole month's worth of time travel to that era. ENT is getting about the same amount of inclusion now as the other shows already have.

ENT was cool later on...loved the uniforms. That was about it. lol I'm kinda excited, I'll definitely get it for the uniforms.