Lt. Commander
# 61
11-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Picard
From your perspective that might explain FvK but there aren't any carriers in FvF so that being the reason people dont PvP has some holes in it. I'd say the bigger issue in general is people can't handle losing (as can be seen so regularly with people leaving in mid battle because the score leans heavily to the opposition)
If you read what I wrote you will notice I used the phrase "already problematic".

And of course I am sure most people simply don't wish to PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 62
11-21-2010, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
No it's honestly not a L2P issue at all. It's a overwhelming cloud of pets - inability to target - outnumbered - out damaged - unbalanced issue.
Outnumbered my swarms of little ship. Numbers aren't everything.
You're never unable to target - it's just harder. That is not the same. Scramble Sensors also makes targeting more difficult, doesn't mean it's OP. If you actually want to deal with the pets, you don't care about targeting anyway - use are effects like Scatter Volley, Torpedo Spreads, Charged Particle Burst, Photonic Shockwace, Gravity Well, Tyken's Rift or Eject Warp Plasma. If you have so much trouble targeting, deal with the spam first.

I still have no real clue if Carriers have become OP or not because the signal to noise ratio with all this whining and moaning is too bad. So far I am more overwhelmed by Klingons (or Feds) because I am too lazy to coordinate my team when no one else does.
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-21-2010, 04:02 AM
if targetting the carrier (giant thing among tiny things) just hit enter (to go into the chat window) and type

/target NAME

and you'll automatically target them (granted possibly an issue for one fingered typers but for anyone with a typing speed of 40 or more it shouldn't be an issue)
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-25-2010, 04:35 AM
I think you should show us how effective this is by henceforth only targeting enemies using this method.
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-25-2010, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
how so? i run my cruiser at 125 weapons 125 shields 115 engines 125 aux, thats the whole reason to fly a cruiser as an engineer, massive power levels.
You can "spike" up to those powerlevels, but you cannot run with 100% uptime.
Lt. Commander
# 66
11-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
you ninjaB & VENW should create another fleet for yourselfs maybe call it Taskforce Weapons And Tactics.
then hence fourth you can use the abreviated version which looks good for you & the others.
Brilliant